In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Technology Coach and Microsoft Innovative Innovator Melania LeJeune to discuss ways that teachers can monitor tech integration in their classrooms.
Today's episode of Ask the Tech Coach is brought to you by Dyknow.
When Technology Teams plan for technology integration, it is crucial to think about how teachers will manage student device distractions during class. Dyknow’s classroom management software empowers teachers to teach with technology by enabling real-time visibility of student activity to identify off-task behavior and redirect that behavior with blocking or messaging.
Additionally, Dyknow enables teachers to create blocking plans, facilitate formative assessments, and view student history after class. Dyknow defeats device distractions so you have the confidence that your time and investment in learning technology is reaching its full potential. Help empower your teachers to embrace technology integration knowing that their students are on-task during class with Dyknow. Learn more at www.dyknow.com.
Reflections from Last Week
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Applications That Encourage Tech Integration
- 5 Ways To Monitor Technology In The ClassroomPhysicalWalk around while technology is being used
- DigitalGoogle Classroom
- Microsoft Teams & OneNote
- Padlet / EdPuzzle
- Skype in the Classroom virtual field trips
- Episode 71: The Importance of Wearing Multiple Hats In Your School District
Introducing Dyknow: A Complete Solution for Tech Integration
About our Guest
Melanie LeJeune is a Librarian and Technology Integration Coach at St. Louis Catholic High School in Lake Charles, Louisiana. She began her journey in education in 1997. Her library experience and master’s degree in Library & Information Science were instrumental in preparing her to be a tech coach. She is also a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert, Professional Learning Specialist for Ed to the Max, and Skype Master Teacher. One of her favorite quotes is “I am always learning, always discovering” by Isamu Noguchi. She loves sharing the joy of learning and discovering with teachers and students. She developed a OneNote Student Avenger program at her school in which students are tested and trained to mentor others. You can follow Melanie on Twitter @maclejeune.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!