5 Ways To Grow Your School Brand Through Excellence at School
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
Join the TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge Today!
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
Reflections From Our Previous Episode
- Episode 5: What does your Social Media Profile Say About You?
- Episode 6: How To Build Your EDU Brand Through LinkedIn
- Episode 7: Email Marketing -Vs- Weekly Newsletters: What’s The Difference?
- Episode 8: 5 Ways To Build Your EDU Brand Through Email Marketing
Join the new Facebook Group for Educational Content Creators!
Are you looking to join a community of educators who are searching for the right answers to help them Build Their EDU Brands? Join our brand new Facebook Community today!
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
5 Ways To Grow Your Brand Through Video
- “Main Street Money” – Start with your administration/School Board
- Getting buy-in from your administrators for your program.
- Having conversations with those above you to support what you are passionate about.
- Be Where You Are Supposed To Be – YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc
- Know how to use and market your content through Social Media
- Show love to your school and community
- Get to know the fans of your student-athletes
- Social Platforms
- Video Archive
- Embeddable Players
- Great for older community members and leaders
- Communicates to Industry Professionals
- Tag your local Newspaper, Sports Organization, Gov’t
- Be Where You Are Not Supposed To Be – TikTok, Instagram
- Be where you are going to surprise people
- Throw the biggest party to make people turn their heads in your direction
- Be Vulnerable – Put yourself out there but remember it’s not about you
- Be a real person to your students and your community
- Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there
- Own up to your mistakes when they happen
- Be Consistent – Consistently post content that is consistent with your brand
Recommended Video Applications
- Quick and Simple
- TikTok – Super easy to make complex videos
- Adobe Spark
- Mobile Friendly
- Adobe Spark
- Studio / Professional
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Recommended Video Equipment
- Anything you can get your hands on. The camera you have is better than anything you wish you had.
- Something to get good audio
About Our Guest: Tom White
Tom White is the Digital Media instructor at Morgan County High School in Madison, Georgia. The nationally recognized program is in its second year and offers courses in TV production and Digital Media/Animation. Tom is the current Trade and Industrial Educators of Georgia, Teacher Of The Year and is a writer for SchoolVideoNews.com and the host of the Teaching To The Test Pattern podcast. Prior to teaching, Tom was a marketing and online content director in Atlanta for what is now IHeartRadio. Tom’s career path lead him from studying to be a doctor to being a video production educator via a 13 year career in radio.
Links of Interest
- Website: www.MCHSLive.com
- Twitter: @mchslive
- Facebook: @mchslive / @TeachingToTheTestPattern
- YouTube: TeachingToTheTestPattern
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- TeacherCast | @TeacherCast
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!