Are you seeking an extra income stream for your family or additional teaching resources for your classroom? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then you might be ready to take the first step in Building Your EDU Brand this year.
In this episode of The Jeff Bradbury Show, we take a look at Three Reasons Why Educators Should Be Creating Personal or Professional EDU Brands.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
What is a Personal EDU Brand?
When we think of personal or professional branding, we speak about a number of topics.
- How Do Others See You?
- How Do You Stand Apart From Others?
- What Makes You Unique?
To sum it up, your personal brand is how OTHERS see YOU.
There are several reasons that you might be interested in creating a personal or professional EDU Brand this year.
Some of these reasons might be:
- To Support Your Family
- To Support Your Students
- To Support Your Passions
3 Reasons To Start Your Own Personal or Professional EDU Brand
To Support Your Family
- By building an online digital portfolio that includes associations with edtech companies, you may have the opportunity to attend professional development events sponsored by the company which could save you and your family money.
- Kids love Free T-Shirts!
- Swag is pretty awesome!
To Support Your Students
- Building a connection to other educators and edtech companies give you the opportunity to gather knowledge and additional resources that you can take back to your classrooms.
- Membership in EdTech ambassador programs provides you an extended PLN in which you can learn new ways to use applications and can help you create additional resources and activities for your students.
- Many teachers have to pay out of pocket hundreds of dollars each year for supplies. By working with other educators and educational companies you have the possibility of getting support for your students through physical or digital resources.
To Support Your Passions
- Are you searching for professional learning beyond what your school district provides?
- Are you seeking the opportunity to work with educators who share the same passions that you do?
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)