In this episode of The Jeff Bradbury Show, Jeff sits down with Dr. Monica Burns, educator, author, blogger, podcaster, and speaker to discuss how she built her website ClassTechTips.com into one of the most recognizable EDU brands over the last 8 years.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
Topics of Conversation
- Making the move from the classroom to Edupreneur
- The beginnings of ClassTechTips.com
- Building a Brand on your Domain vs your name
- Purchasing Domains for your EDU Brand
- Should you think of yourself as an Educator or an Entrepreneur?
- Memorable moments getting started
- Who is the ClassTechTips audience?
- Philosophy of Web Design and Blogging
- Email Marketing vs Newsletter Creation
- Newsletter: What’s New on the…
- Newsletters launch on Monday afternoons
- The importance of consistency
- How to batch create graphics, blog posts, and content
- The Art of creating an engaging presentation
- Always have a hands-on opportunity in your presentations
- Audience participation +1
- The importance of building a consistent brand across all platforms
- Presentation tools: Google Slides – Keynote
- What is it?
- How does it work?
- Creating a room
- How to meet others and build a following
- Creating a consistent room based on your brand
- Themed rooms vs informal conversations
- How to build an audience before you start your room
- How to explain what Clubhouse is to someone
- Listener Questions
- Advice for Getting Started
- Find a niche
- Creating a nice “about me” page
- Have a clear vision for who you are how someone can find you
- What part of your business brings in the most $$$
- What is the philosophy of your About Dr. Monica Burns page
- Short vs Long Bio’s
- Advice for Getting Started
About our Guest: Dr. Monica Burns
Dr. Monica Burns is an EdTech and Curriculum Consultant, author and former New York City public school teacher. She works with schools and organizations around the world to support PreK-20 educators with thoughtful technology integration. Monica’s website ClassTechTips.com and Easy EdTech Podcast helps educators place “tasks before apps” by promoting deeper learning with technology.
About Class Tech Tips
ClassTechTips.com was created by Dr. Monica Burns, a former classroom teacher, speaker and author. She shares her favorite EdTech resources for PreK-20 educators so they can make the most of the technology in their school. On this site you’ll find a roundup of Monica’s tips and strategies for leveraging the power of digital tools to empower learners of all ages. Whether you’re in a classroom full of Chromebooks, iPads, interactive whiteboards, or smartphones, this ClassTechTips.com has resources to help you make the most of the technology in the hands of students!
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/classtechtips
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/classtechtips
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/classtechtips
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/classtechtips
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Explore these Resources
- Blog: My 6 Best Reasons to Start a Blog or Podcast
- Blog: 6 Productivity Tips to Help You Build Your EDU Brand
- Video: A Teachers Guide to StreamYard Video Streaming
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?