Personal and Professional Advice from MLB Sports Agent Mark Leinweaver
In this episode of the Jeff Bradbury Show, Jeff sits down with author, speaker, broadcaster, and professional sports agent Mark Leinweaver to discuss the importance of hard work and hustle when it comes to professional networking and Building Your EDU Brand.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
Join the TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge Today!
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
About our Guest: Mark Leinweaver
Mark has spent 20 years working in sports as a baseball agent, TV and radio broadcaster, media relations director, author, television producer and coaching convention director.
He is a guest professor for a Sports Public Relations course at the University of Southern California (USC), educating students of the prestigious Annenberg School for Journalism and Communication on “How To Get A Job In Sports”. Mark also lectures on that topic at Duke, Boston College, TCU, Texas A&M, LSU and San Jose State.
As an MLB agent, his daily responsibilities include managing a myriad of off-field services for Major & Minor League clients and their families, salary arbitration preparation and contract negotiation.
Mark is also a frequent speaker at high schools nationwide on how “Character Matters”, offering guidance about social media dangers, volunteering and anti-bullying to students-athletes.
Mark was the television play-by-play announcer for MLB Network's National Youth Baseball Championship and his book, Minor Moments, Major Memories, debuted in bookstores nationwide in 2005. A dramatic television series inspired by the book was sold to Sony Pictures Television.
Originally from New York, Mark played baseball at non-scholarship Division II Stonehill College in Massachusetts, where he was team captain his senior year.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/markleinweaver
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mark.leinweaver
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- TeacherCast | @TeacherCast
Explore these Resources
- Blog: My 6 Best Reasons to Start a Blog or Podcast
- Blog: 6 Productivity Tips to Help You Build Your EDU Brand
- Video: A Teachers Guide to StreamYard Video Streaming
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!