5 Ways To Build Your EDU Brand Through Professional Relationships and Cunning Marketing Skills
In this episode of the Jeff Bradbury Show, Jeff sits down Jay Hammes, founder of Safe Sport Zone to share his best secrets for building your brand through hard work, passion, and by targeting your audience with a personal touch.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today.
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
Join the TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge Today!
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
About our Guest: Jay Hammes
Jay has been involved in athletics his entire life: as a player, a coach, a teacher and athletic administrator at the high school, district, and collegiate levels. In 2013, he was named Wisconsin’s “Athletic Director of the Year,” inducted into the Wisconsin Athletic Directors Association Hall of Fame, Washington Park High School Hall of Fame, and was a nominated for the NIAAA Distinguished Service Award and their Frank Kovaleski Professional Development Award.
Jay’s passion for high school athletics has had him speaking throughout the country on maintaining a safer environment for after-school events. This earned Safe Sport Zone national recognition at Disney World by NCS4.
He is currently working with the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association and is the author, chair and lead instructor of the leadership training course called “Contest Management.”
Jay has had many articles published, and has been quoted as a source in numerous articles, including, USA Today: “Security A Growing Concern.”
Jay graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh with a BS in Physical Education, followed by earning his master’s degree from the United States Sports Academy in Sports Management.
He’s currently an elected Board Trustee for the Village of Wind Point; his major responsibility was overseeing the Village’s Police, Fire, and Safety.
About Safe Sport Zone
Nearly all school districts have security measures in place during school days. However, similar risk management policies are too often overlooked or ignored for evening events. Safe Sport Zone has developed plans to assure safer environments for activities occurring at times other than during the regular school hours.
Safe Sport Zone has developed a staffing model for athletic administrators to adopt as a best practice. Spectator issues, identifying all fans, athletic concerns, facilities maintenance, evacuation procedures, and applications for almost any emergency are all part of the exercises.
For interscholastic athletics to survive, the games kids play have to be enjoyable, entertaining, safe, and educationally driven. Safe Sport Zone is committed to these principles.
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- TeacherCast | @TeacherCast
Explore these Resources
- Blog: My 6 Best Reasons to Start a Blog or Podcast
- Blog: 6 Productivity Tips to Help You Build Your EDU Brand
- Video: A Teachers Guide to StreamYard Video Streaming
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!