Delivering educational benefits through technology is a top priority for schools and districts. Learn more about ways that you can use technology in your classroom to improve student outcomes.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In This Episode …
- What are some examples of the achievement gap that you’ve experienced in your own career?
- In your opinion, what is technology’s role in combating the achievement gap?
- How can today’s educators proactively leverage technology to drive positive outcomes in their classrooms?
- What are some pitfalls to avoid when leveraging technology to fill the achievement gap?
- Can you describe ways that you’ve seen technology impact student engagement and achievement?
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating, and implementing innovative 21st-century learning environments. At Promethean, our goal is to reimagine and reinvent educational technologies that engage and empower the classroom, and we do it all for the love of learning. Headquartered in Seattle, Wash., Promethean is a member of the Net Dragon Websoft Holdings Limited group of companies. For more information, please visit PrometheanWorld.com.
Links Of Interest
About our Guests
I am an East Stroudsburg University graduate, with a degree in Elementary Education and Mathematics. I was a classroom teacher for 12 years. I taught middle school math for 8, and elementary 5th grade for 4.
During my time as a classroom teacher I also was an assistant varsity football coach for 12 years, and an assistance varsity basketball coach. I was also the East Stroudsburg University Women’s Rugby Coach for 8 years.
I have a passion for instructional technology, and have been able to work with amazing teachers in my three years at Promethean as an Education Consultant. I have recently been promoted to the Head of Project Professional Development, East Region.
I currently reside in Easton, PA with my amazing wife Jeanann and our two dogs Cali and Eddie.
I am the proud mom of two amazing daughters: Madison, 6 years and Makenzie 4, years old. I have been teaching for 15 years and was chosen by my peers as Teacher of the Year for the 2019-2020 school year. I have a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education and am currently teaching Prekindergarten. I was chosen to be a part of a Dade County Public Schools Promethean Pilot program in 2016 and then joined the Promethean PEP Squad in 2018. In 2018, I was awarded a 70” moveable ActivPanel which allows the smallest of learners to reach and interact with the board with ease. Students are more engaged and excited to use the ActivPanel interactively and use it as a learning center. I joined Promethean at ISTE and FETC to demonstrate how I use Promethean in the classroom to make learning not just an academic experience but an amazing experience.
Follow our Host
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)