In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we welcome Will Stewart and Lacey Greco on the program to discuss how Edji is being used to help students of all ages improve their reading abilities.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How does Edji help teachers in their classroom?
- Edji’s Story
- How Edji is used to get more from classroom reading
- How can Edji be used in the classroom?
- Lesson Planning with Edji
- Teacher Tools inside of Edji
- Student stories?
Edji is a Free online reading platform that lets teachers easily deliver any content to their students for live annotation. Students reading in Edji can interact with text, images, and PDF documents by leaving text, emoji, or recorded audio comments. Teachers see those interactions appear live on their screen, which gives teachers instant insight into what their students are thinking, where students are struggling, and which students need help. Edji also gives an exclusive look into where students are reading, letting teachers know instantly if students are achieving learning goals, or if they are missing important information.
Links of Interest
- Website: https://edji.ithttp://guide.edji.it/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/edjinotes
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/edjinotes
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/lacygreco3
About our Guests
Will Stewart is a 5th-grade teacher, father, and Edji Co-founder with more than 10 years of experience teaching elementary, middle and high school students. He has an unquenchable love for educating young minds in all subjects but has a holds a special place in his heart for Language and Reading Education. When he isn't teaching or finding new ways to use Edji, Will loves dinosaurs, biking and spending time with his family.
With 11 years experience in education, Lacy has taught 4th grade for 8 years, 1st for 2 years, and 3rd grade for one year, all in the Northside Independent School District. She is currently her campus’ Educator of the Year! She also does weekly Wednesday videos on Twitter (check out #EchoGreco!) to share ideas that she uses in her classroom. It’s a virtual PLC, if you will, to help put out best practices and reach more kids!
Follow the TeacherCast Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv