How Can Technology Help Us Gamify Our Classrooms?
In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we welcome Steve Halliwell and Cheryl Miller on the program from Promethean to discuss how technology can assist our teachers in the classroom.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How do we define Gamification?
- How to demonstrate proficiency
- Goal Setting (Putting the students in charge of their learning)
- Asking students to play a variety of rolls
- Bringing the competitive nature of Sports into the classroom
- Why gamification is a necessity in today’s classrooms
- The impact of technology on lesson delivery
- How gamified learning drives personalized experiences
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating, and implementing innovative 21st-century learning environments. At Promethean, our goal is to reimagine and reinvent educational technologies that engage and empower the classroom, and we do it all for the love of learning. Headquartered in Seattle, Wash., Promethean is a member of the Net Dragon Websoft Holdings Limited group of companies. For more information, please visit PrometheanWorld.com.
Links of Interest
About our Guests
Cheryl Miller is the Chief Marketing Officer at Promethean. She has over 20 years in the tech industry and joins Promethean from Microsoft where she was the GM of the One Commercial Partner Team, leading the worldwide go-to-market efforts. Cheryl was responsible for creating and driving accelerated success with partners through depth and breadth marketing initiatives. Prior to Microsoft, Cheryl was VP of Marketing at F5 Networks where she was responsible for all aspects of corporate marketing and led the creation and launch of F5 Synthesis and Software Defined Application Services. She also spent 11 years at Symantec in various product teams including four years leading the Huawei Symantec Joint Venture program office and investment. Early in her career she worked on open source software at VA Linux in product marketing, and started her tech career in distribution selling semiconductors at Arrow Electronics. She holds a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration.
Steve joined Promethean in October 2017 and leads the Product organization as Chief Product Officer. Steve is also responsible for general management and driving revenue/profitability for the Americas Markets. This includes all customer-facing activities – sales, marketing, partners, education consulting and channel.
Prior to joining Promethean, Steve most recently held Executive Leadership roles at Amazon Web Services (AWS) since 2011. Steve started the Education and the Healthcare/Life Sciences verticals in addition to running the West Area commercial business. Prior to Amazon, Steve held progressive sales leadership roles in the technology sector with both Hewlett Packard and Microsoft. Steve brings to Promethean over 20 years of experience in both the public and commercial sectors, focusing on top-line growth strategy/execution and identifying new market share opportunities as well as building customer-centric organizations, vertical market penetration, and developing strategies for the efficient cost of sales resulting in margin growth.
Steve holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Organizational & Industrial Psychology from Penn State University.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Edtech in the Classroom Homepage – www.EdtechInTheClassroom.com
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!