ORIGO Education brings a conceptual understanding of mathematics to the forefront of teaching and learning. Their instructional approach builds on students' natural ability to develop understanding and number sense. It helps students avoid misconceptions and promotes confidence with efficient thinking strategies. Games and practical applications help to cement the concepts and skills.
ORIGO believes: Learning is a social process that requires language and discourse. Students who develop strong thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills grow into productive, innovative members of society. Content taught conceptually, and in a logical, learner-friendly sequence develops deep understanding and success. Technology empowers rather than replaces educators. ORIGO is proud to make learning mathematics meaningful, enjoyable, and accessible for all, across a milestone of 25 years and counting.
About our Guest: James
James Burnett is the Founder and CEO of ORIGO Education. Over the past 25 years, he has authored more than 300 elementary mathematics resources for students and teachers, including the award-winning Stepping Stones. James co-founded ORIGO with Dr. Calvin “Cal” Irons in 1995 and continues to drive its mission to make elementary math meaningful, enjoyable, and accessible for all.
James's achievements have been recognized in his native Australia through his individual win of the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award and through ORIGO's win of the Education and Training Award in the 2015 Premier of Queensland's Export Awards. He is a highly sought-after speaker in elementary math education and regularly addresses conferences in North America and Australia.
Links of Interest
- Website: https://www.origoeducation.com/athome/
- Blog: https://www.origoeducation.com/insights/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OrigoEducation/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/origomath
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/origoeducation/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ORIGOEducation/featured
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/origo-education/
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)