In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, Jeff and Matt talk to Mrs. Jennifer Ehehalt a Senior Regional Manager from Common Sense Media.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In This Episode …
- What is Common Sense Media?
- What do you do for Common Sense Media?
- Why is Common Sense Media’s Mission So Important?
- With Education Changing, where does Common Sense Media see things moving?
- What Services do they provide to teachers? Parents? Students?
- How would you like to see educators and parents using digital literacy resources?
- Talk about Common Sense Recognition
- As a parent, do you set rules in your own household around screen time and technology usage?
- Does your job impact how you integrate digital media into your family life?
About Common Sense Media
Families and teachers everywhere trust Common Sense for expert reviews, objective advice, helpful tools, and so much more.
Your trusted guide for a fast-changing world.
Media and technology are at the center of kids' lives every day. From a very young age, kids use technology at home and at school to connect with friends and family and to document their lives and create digital content of their own. With more and more of life happening online, what catches kids' attention isn't always what's best for them, and what companies do with their personal information isn't always clear.
Independent. Nonprofit. Research-backed.
Since 2003, Common Sense has been the leading source of entertainment and technology recommendations for families and schools. Every day, millions of parents and educators trust Common Sense reviews and advice to help them navigate the digital world with their kids. Together with policymakers, industry leaders, and global media partners, we're building a digital world that works better for all kids, their families, and their communities.
Healthy, happy kids—no matter what the future holds.
Our mission to ensure digital well-being for kids everywhere has never been more vital than it is today. See our story.
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
About our Guest: Jennifer Ehehalt
Jennifer Ehehalt is the Pittsburgh Regional Manager at Common Sense Education. Jennifer has over 20 years of experience in education. She continues to partner with state-level organizations, school districts, and community organizations across the nation to help integrate Common Sense education resources. Jennifer provides educational leadership through consultation with school districts, professional development-both in-person and virtual, conference presentations, and parent universities. Jennifer sits on the Advisory Council for Kidsburgh and is a champion for Remake Learning Days Across America. Jennifer has a B.S in Elementary Education and an M. Ed. in Educational Leadership. Jennifer was recently named 2019 Alumni of the Year from Edinboro University.
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)