Student Tech Squad to the Rescue! – The saying, not all heroes wear capes, is true for the National School District Student Tech Squad. Join us to learn how they started a new initiative to help support their teachers with technology.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In This Episode …
- What is the Student Tech Squad? How did it come about?
- How has this initiative impacted how teachers and students approach technology in the classroom? What are the biggest benefits for each?
- How can other schools replicate this type of initiative? What were the first steps?
- What does the future look like for the Student Tech Squad?
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Promethean is a global education company that improves learning productivity by developing, integrating, and implementing innovative 21st-century learning environments. At Promethean, our goal is to reimagine and reinvent educational technologies that engage and empower the classroom, and we do it all for the love of learning. Headquartered in Seattle, Wash., Promethean is a member of the Net Dragon Websoft Holdings Limited group of companies. For more information, please visit PrometheanWorld.com.
Links Of Interest
About our Guests
Dr. Wendy O’Connor
Dr. O’Connor currently serves as a director in the Educational Services department of the National School District. Her focus is Literacies, Educational Technology, and Innovation (LETI). In addition, Wendy works as an online adjunct professor in the Literacy masters program at California State University, San Marcos and the Educational Technology masters program at Concordia University. She previously served as an Early Literacy Coordinator in Curriculum and Instruction in the Vista Unified School District. Prior to working as an Early Literacy Coordinator, she served as a VUSD district leader through the roles of Content Support Resource Teacher and Literacy Coach. In addition to serving as a teacher on special assignment, she has been a classroom elementary teacher, supervised numerous student teachers, served as a site liaison for student teachers from CSUSM, provided support to beginning teachers through Beginning Teachers Support and Assessment (BTSA), served as a district Language Arts mentor teacher. Throughout Dr. O’Connor’s entire career, her passion has been to support students, teachers, administrators, and parents in ensuring literacy for all.
Nathan Bland currently serves as the District Resource Teacher for Technology for National School District where he provides professional development for teachers, teaches demonstration lessons in TK-6th grade classrooms, and provides technology training for parents. He also is the facilitator for the Junior Tech Squad where he provides training and support for the Promethean panels, Chromebooks, and iPads. He is Google certified and an Apple Learning Academy Specialist. Prior to this role, he taught 4th and 6th grade for 18 years.
Julie is an Education Consultant for Promethean. Previously she taught K-8 Music in Denver, CO.
Follow our Host
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)