In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, Jeff sits down with Stephen Heywood and Scott Killian to discuss how one school district is harnessing the power of digital video to enhance the impact of curricular and athletic activities in their community.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In This Episode …
- The problem – Covid restrictions limiting the possibility of in-person school events such as graduation and plays etc.
- The Solution- Deploying a live streaming system with PTZOptics
- The Outcome- How the school is using the system and what they plan for the future with it
PTZOptics is a U.S-based company based in Downingtown, Pa., that manufactures robotic pan, tilt and zoom video cameras. With a variety of cabling options, network connectivity and remote control capability, PTZOptics cameras are ideal for video production and live streaming applications. Learn more at www.ptzoptics.com
Links of Interest
About our Guests
My “day job” per se is working as the owner and operator of Ron’s Sign Shop in Hubbard, Ohio. We’re a small family sign shop, that during the COVID-19 pandemic spread our wings into the digital media and marketing world. I am also a supplemental employee for the Hubbard Village School District, working primarily in the music and athletic department. I direct the Jazz and Pep Bands, as well as instructing the marching percussion section of the Hubbard High School Marching Band, “The Musical Pride of Hubbard”. I coach the Varsity Boy’s Bowling team, and am one of the founding contributors to the athletic department’s now sponsored social media pages. I worked as a technical advisor for the theater department for the better part of the last 15 years, working on sound and lighting production.
I have been in the broadcasting and live streaming industry for 15 years. Specializing in Telestream’s Wirecast, Newtek Tricaster, Streamlabs OBS, vMix and other software and hardware switchers. I recently took on a position with Haverford Systems which is the parent company to PTZ Optics as a Broadcast Engineer. I am on the product team and work with a lot of the other departments on understanding the products and testing workflows with the products in a “real-world” environment. I have also been in ministry my whole life. I am also on staff as an Assistant Pastor, Media Director, and Children's Pastor. In my personal time, I have my own personal brand called “The Tech Buzz” that shifted over the years from tech, to broadcasting, to now retro and arcade gaming. I run a highly successful show every Friday night at 6pm ET called “The Retro Buzz.” This show we speak to industry professionals and bring the news of all the retro and arcade gaming industry.
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!