In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, Jeff sits down with Brian Grey from Remind to discuss the importance of creating a clear two-way communications system between school districts and community members.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In This Episode …
- We will discuss back-to-school and why school will be even more challenging this year – what is driving this
- The Relationship Gap and how it’s contributing to the widening learning gap
- Two-Way Communication – Crucial to building relationships
- Mobile-First – Reaching people where they are
- Accessible Communication (SMS Messages)
- Multi-Language Friendly
- Why communication is more important than ever (Why Remind is doing and tie back into the areas above)
- How to access your education anytime and anywhere.
Remind is the leading two-way communication platform in education, helping educators reach students and parents where they are. With easy-to-use features that allow schools, districts and other educational organizations to activate engagement across their communities, Remind connects the people and resources that help give every student the opportunity to succeed.
Links of Interest
- Website: https://www.remind.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/remindhq
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RemindHQ/
About our Guest
Bio – About Brian Grey:
Brian Grey is the Executive Chairman of Remind.com, the largest network of teachers, students, parents, and administrators in the U.S. With nearly 30 million monthly active users, Remind’s communication platform is rapidly emerging as a vital service that supports 2-way communication, family engagement, and personalized learning for all stakeholders who share Remind’s vision to give every student an opportunity to succeed. Headquartered in San Francisco, Remind is venture backed by firms including Kleiner Perkins, Social Capital, GSV Acceleration, and OwlVC.
Prior to joining Remind, Brian held several leadership roles in the technology and sports media sectors, including serving as CEO of Bleacher Report, SVP/GM of Fox Sports Interactive, and VP/GM of Yahoo! Sports. He has also served as a technology and digital media startup company advisor and investor, serving as an independent CEO advisor to 20 startup CEOs representing a wide array of industries and venture capital investors including Accel Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Battery Ventures, GGV Capital, Greylock Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, and Trinity Ventures.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!