Are You Prepared to Work Less but … Teach More???
In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, Jeff welcomes author, podcaster and Australian educator Dan Jackson on the podcast to discuss the upcoming Inaugural Online Effective Teaching Conference.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
The Inaugural Online Effective Teaching Conference
- 16th-20th January 2023
- Click Here to Register!
What can I expect to learn?
This conference isn't called the “Effective Teaching Conference” for nothing. The whole point of the conference is to help you increase your effectiveness, which is defined as doing more of the right things and less of the activities or tasks that have minimal to no impact .
Some of the topics that are going to be covered during this conference include:
- How to work less and increase your impact.
- How to transform your learning experiences to engage and empower your students to take control of their own learning.
- How to frame the curriculum for deeper learning.
- How to make your classroom run effectively and develop student executive functioning skills.
- How to deliver the perfect “blended” lesson (note to Aussies – blended means a lesson using ICT).
- How to empower and engage students through interactive choice boards.
- How a mastery approach to learning can help us recover from from the pandemic.
- How to improve student memory and focus with sketchnoting
- 3 EduProductivity systems to save you time
- The super powers of feedback
- Why you need to use explicit instruction
- How to develop a career pathway as an excellent teacher
- How to develop students entrepreneurial skills
- How to integrate critical thinking
- How to apply cognitive learning principles
- How to design and implement PBL
Further details for each session can be found below.
Follow Our Podcast And Subscribe
Follow Our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- TeacherCast | @TeacherCast
About our Guest: Daniel Jackson
Dan began teaching in 2006. He worked at multiple schools and has been in multiple different positions from classroom teacher, to subject coordinator, to deputy principal. Now, he likes to run workshops, network with teachers, attend and present at conferences, create online courses, host the Effective Teaching podcast and he even managed to write the Amazon number 1 best seller Work Less, Teach More: How to be an effective teacher and live a life you love.
TeachersPD exists in order to help teachers become more effective. This means doing more of the right things and less of the things that don't matter. Effective teachers know where they want to go and the most important actions to get there, they prioritises their work each day in relation to who they want to be and the impact they want to make. They challenge assumptions and focus on the elements of teaching that matter the most. They are dedicated to their students' success in life, and have a balance in life between productivity and personal care. Effective teachers leverage the 80/20 rule to increase their impact without wasting their time and challenge the system to focus on what is best for student learning and teacher long-term careers. Finally, effective teachers support and encourage those around them to increase their effectiveness.
Links of Interest
- Website: http://www.teacherspd.net/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/danjacksontpd
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeachersPD
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf7PcwgmbKWtSXoIsIm9tkg
- Purchase “Work Less Teach More” on Amazon
Join Our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need A Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
For More Information: https://www.TeacherCast.net