In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we welcome Teaching Matters CEO Lynette Guastaferro on the program to discuss how school districts can improve teacher moral and improve student test scores by building a culture of positive professional learning.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Teaching Matters?
- Emerging Teacher Leaders Program
- The importance of collaboration in and out of the classroom between teachers“It’s not my kids … it’s our kids”
- Culture change starts with leadership
- How to define success when there is a culture shift involved
- Micro-credentials“Competency-Based Evidence of Learning”
- How do you set up a system surrounding micro-credentials
- Why are micro-credentials good for school systems?
- Why are micro-credentials good for teachers?
- What is the value of micro-credentials for teachers?What does “good” look like?
About our Guest
Lynette Guastaferro, Chief Executive Officer, has more than 20 years of experience in education. She possesses a unique blend of education, non-profit and private-sector experience. Under her leadership and responding to both research and what is happening in real classrooms, Teaching Matters has quadrupled its reach and spearheaded the design of award-winning, scalable teacher development models designed to improve teaching in over 700 urban schools. Ms. Guastaferro has worked as a classroom teacher, a school-network leader, and a senior management consultant for Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC). At PWC, she led projects to innovate and improve the performance of government and educational agencies. Her work in education led her to Baltimore, where she took a classroom teaching position and designed her school's first technology-based learning support lab for literacy and mathematics. Ms. Guastaferro holds an M.B.A. from Columbia University and a B.A. from Williams College.
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv