In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we welcome Steve Fortna, educator and creator of Flippity.net on the program to discuss the recent outcry from educators who recently learned that their favorite edtech tool decided to introduce a paid platform for their application.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How can we help our teachers choose the right edtech for their classrooms
- The Advantages of Free vs the Cost of PremiumOn the Budget
- On the Teacher
- On the Student
- On the App Developer
- Should App Developers create Free or Premium apps?
- How do developers of Free Apps or services support their projects/companies?
- What happens when Free turns to Premium?Should the Educational Community bring out the pitchforks?
- Should the Educational Community bring out their pocketbooks?
- Should Tech Coaches be shunned for promoting paid applications
- What can you do if your favorite app developer puts up a paywall?
- Do we pay for a product or let it eventually fail?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
- Visit the TechEducator Podcast | www.TechEducatorPodcast.com
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Dr. Sam Patterson | @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins | @TeachingForward
- Rob Pennington | @RobPennington9
About our Guest
- Steve Fortna is a teacher and technology integration specialist at Whitinsville Christian School in Whitinsville, MA. Steve has been teaching for 18 years and is the creator of Flippity.net. @stevefortna
- Flippity.net is a website that allows teachers and students to turn Google Sheets into online tools such as flashcards, random name pickers, progress indicators, Jeopardy-style quiz shows, and more.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at [8:30] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv