In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we take a break from tech and discuss how educators and parents can address a students social and emotional status.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to bring Character Education to the SEL classroom.
- The fact is- students are more comfortable engaging in and consuming content through a device than in other ways. It’s Gen Z, and it’s up to us to meet them in their world.
- Should we reinvent the ISS system in our schools?
- Not much has changed since you were in detention/suspension:)… but it needs to.
- How to meet students where they are . . . in their world
- Using web and mobile devices to deliver this content meets students in their world and promotes greater interest and comprehension.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
About our Guests
Peter Kraft is the president and co-founder of Evolution Labs, an Edtech company in the K-12 and Higher ed space. Peter has worked with more than 500 colleges & universities over the past twenty years, developing web and mobile programming to deliver success and wellness content to students. 3 years ago, Evolution Labs built Suite360 and ISS360, web and mobile programs that deliver character ed and SEL content to K-12 students, as well as content for intervention and restorative justice. The company now engages millions of students, parents and school administrators across the entire K-20 lifecycle.
Joey Azoulai [ah-zoo-LIE] is the content director at Evolution Labs. Joey works with teachers and subject matter experts to develop educational media for children, teens, and young adults. Prior to joining Evolution Labs, Joey worked as a writer and media producer for companies and organizations like Scholastic, Mozilla Foundation and the NYC Department of Ed. Joey is passionate about creating technology and media that support teachers in their work.
About Evolution Labs
Evolution Labs is an Edtech company that serves students, parents and school administrators across the entire K-20 lifecycle. The company offers a full suite of programs that help colleges and universities recruit enroll and retain students, promote student-athlete wellness and success, and character ed and SEL content for K12. Evolution Labs works with Higher Ed institutions, Athletic Departments and K-12 schools and districts across the country. For more information, please visit www.evpco.com.
Social Media for Evolution Labs
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Dr. Sam Patterson | @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins | @TeachingForward
- Josh Gauthier | @MrGFactoftheDay
- Rob Pennington | @RobPennington9
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
What can we do as educators to notify each other when we see a student drifting in their studies?
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (https://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (https://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv