Using Google Classroom to Teach Coding and Programming
In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we take a look at how general education teachers can infuse Coding and Programming lessons into their curriculum and package them neatly to be distributed through Google Classroom.
As educators across the world celebrate Computer Science Education Week, it’s important to remember that STEM education, Coding, and Programming are to be explored more than just during the Hour of Code.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Three simple projects that you can bring to your classroom
- Anyone can Learn Arduino and Breadboarding: Using TinkerCAD’s tutorials and virtual breadboarding.
- Modeling the Digestive System with Scratch and Makey Makey https://twitter.com/MsKellyKnight/status/938094787772801029
- Kano Street Art – https://hoc.kano.me/coding-challenges/training
- How do we take the fear out of infusing STEM lessons in the general classrooms
- How can you wrap up your STEM lesson and distribute resources to your students through Google Classroom and Google Sites
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Dr. Sam Patterson | @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins | @TeachingForward
- Josh Gauthier | @MrGFactoftheDay
- Rob Pennington | @RobPennington9
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that h1appen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
Question: In what ways can you use Google Classroom to bring STEM subjects to your students?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Tech Tip of the Week
- As Google Classroom and Google Sites become increasingly popular and essential, it’s important to keep up to date with what is new and exciting for your classroom. Check out the great resources being created by @ShakeUpLearning and @AliceKeeler on Twitter.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (https://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (https://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at [8:00] PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!