In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Stephanie Howell and Melissa Summerford on the program to learn about the brand new Google Educator Groups that are designed to help connect educators and provide an amazing professional learning experience for teachers and school districts.
Are you looking for a Google Educator Group near you?
- What are Google Educator Groups?
- What do Google Educator Group meetings look like?
- How do you build a community?
- What are the Google Educator Group requirements?
- How do you find “what works” when building a community?
- How do you stay connected with the greater Google Educator Groups?
Links of Interest
Do You Have a Question For Us?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
About our Guests
Melissa Summerford is Google Certified Trainer who is passionate about student and technology integration. She has been in education for 16 years and has taught Pre-K, 2nd, 3rd, and Advanced Academics. She currently serves as an Instructional Technologist and the GEG-TX Leader. Melissa is always looking for ways to innovate and improve her practices and believes that it takes a team to build success. She loves to network and learn from others because she knows that staying connected and being a lifelong learner are the keys to innovation.
Stephanie has been working in Pickerington Schools since 2014. She is currently the Middle School Instructional Technology Coordinator for Pickerington Schools. She has also taught special education in 5th grade at Diley Middle School. She has worked previous to Pickerington as an Independent Provider for individuals with Special Needs and as an One-On-One Aide at Forest Rose School. She has volunteered and worked in the Special Education field since 2006. She enjoys working with staff and students to increase the use of instructional technology. Stephanie has spoken at conferences such as PLSD Innovation conference, ISTE, ITIP and OETC and her most recent achievements are being apart of the team named ISTE’s Distinguished District, WOSU Leadership Award, a Google Innovator, and PLSD’s Innovative Leader award. Stephanie has a masters in Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter