In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan discuss how taking care of yourself as a Tech Coach via your own professional learning is just as important as serving the teachers. To have energy and knowledge to meet the needs of the teachers, you must fill up your own cup with needed professional learning for you!
In this episode, we discuss:
Reflections from Last Week:
- In last week’s episode we talked all about using video streaming and interactive video for both tech coaches and classroom teachers.
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
What Does Professional Development Look Like For Tech Coaches?
In tonight’s episode, we talked about the online course for Tech Coaches that Jeff and Susan are putting together that will provide assistance and guidance for new tech coaches and support for existing coaches. The course contains 5 modules all about surviving your first year as a tech coach.
- Module 1 – What is a Tech Coach?
- What inspires you as a tech coach and how do you use that to inspire others?
- Module 2 – What Does A Tech Coach Do?
- Responsibilities -What does my day look like?
- Important Topics
- Finding your coaching style
- What happens when the teachers don’t get it?
- Module 3 – Success Is Personal
- Building capacity among teachers
- Creating Relationships
- Building your brand
- Module 4 – Navigating Your First Month
- Module 5 – Building Foundations for Success
- Module 1 – What is a Tech Coach?
- Collaborative PLNs
- Twitter Chats
- Social Media Community Groups
- Other ways? How can we help you? What questions do you have about your own Professional Development? Contact us personally or via the Teachercast website, by emailing email@example.com, or tweet us personally or with the #AskTheTechCoach hashtag.
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Matt Friedman | @mfriedmanPGH
- Susan Vincentz | @SV314dws
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
- Matt Friedman (@mfriedmanPGH) is available as a Keynote Speaker or Presenter