Welcome to the TeacherCast Podcast. In this episode, Jeff sits down with Vlada Lotkina, founder of ClassTag and Renee Angle, a 4th-grade teacher to discuss how teachers can shave hours off of their workweek by using the effective communication struggles found in ClassTag.
ClassTag is a web and mobile platform co-developed by teachers, families and parent engagement experts to specifically increase parent engagement based on research-based practices, helping teachers turn parents into partners by simplifying all communications and scheduling, motivating parents to get involved and guiding them to success.
Links of interest
Vlada Lotkina is a co-founder and CEO of Classtag. She is a former Fortune 500 Executive and a Wharton MBA. She is very passionate about education and helping parents be a powerful force to unleash their children’s potential.
Renee Angle is a 4th Grade Teacher in Idaho. She has been teaching for three years and is a general education teacher teaching all subjects. She is a National Elementary Honor Society advisor for students in grades 4-6 at her school. This is a second career for Renee after a successful 20 year management career in the retail lumber industry. Renee knows every student can learn and looks forward to discovering students’ talents with them. Renee believes student achievement in the classroom increases when parents are active participants.
- The ClassTag approach was co-developed by teachers, families and parent engagement experts to specifically increase parent engagement based on research-based practices and is an opinionated platform that early results show helps teachers leap over parent engagement barriers and turn parents into partners.
- Specifically, ClassTag helps teachers:
- Set and manage high and clear expectations with parents
- Move from transactional engagement to relationship-building activities
- Create simple and meaningful ways for parents to support learning
- Reduce amount of effort required with automation and consistent system
- Get visibility into the level and type of family engagement
- Through this approach, ClassTag has a staggering 90% parent participation rate on the platform.
- Game changer for what teachers expect, how they adjust their strategies and, most importantly, an amplifier for student success.
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/video
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/audio
Recorded July 20, 2016
Join the TeacherCast Insiders Program
Get our latest content and be the first to learn about our live broadcasts, online courses and other exciting content.