In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff sits down with educator Michael Mohammad to discuss why it's important for educators to support and listen to educational podcasts. Recently Michael wrote a blog post sharing an impressive list of educational podcasts and together we break apart several things that teachers should look for when listening to educational podcasts.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- ISTE Podcasting Workshops
- Saturday / Monday
- TeacherCast Ultimate Guide to Podcasts
- What do teachers look for in Educational Podcasts?
- Topics of Interest
- Educators who are Experts
- Length of Time
- Content Strategy
- Free Giveaways (SWAG)
- Regular Schedule
- Listener Community/Acknowledgement
- Show Notes/Resources Page
- Noteworthy Educational Podcasts
- Can Podcasts be used for Professional Development?
- Using Podcasts for Professional Development
About Michael Mohammad
Mike was born and raised in Sheboygan, WI. Mike attended University of Wisconsin Madison where he received his degree in Secondary Education in Broadfield Science and Biology with additional certifications in chemistry and physics. He received his Master’s Degree in Educational Design and Technology from Concordia University. He’s been a secondary educator for 18 years, 14 of which have been at Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, WI. At Central he has taught general science, biology, chemistry, and physics. In addition to currently teaching AP Physics, he teaches general physics in a fully inclusive classroom. His interests in education focus on putting students at the center of their own learning experience. In 2017 he received the Trailblazer Award from the Institute for Personalized Learning. He is Google Certified Educator Levels 1 & 2 as well as being an Apple Teacher. He is the lead organizer for EdCamp Elmbrook which was held for the 3rd time in March of this year. Mike is the co-author of Getting Started with Pear Deck which was released earlier this year. He lives in Brown Deer, WI with his wife.
Links of Interest
Follow Educational Podcasting Today
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)