In this episode of Educational Podcasting Today, Jeff welcomes Mike Washburn from the OnEducation Podcast to discuss why it's important for podcasters to think of themselves not just as content creators but business owners and how that thought process can affect how podcasts are created and produced each week.
Today's podcast is sponsored by the Educational Podcasters Database, a collection of more than 100 Educators Creating Educational Podcasts!
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- How did the OnEducation Podcast originate?
- How do you work with cohosts?
- The business of Podcasting
- Looking back and lessons learned from 80+ episodes
- Editing Applications for Podcasters
About Mike Washburn
Mike is the Head of Curriculum & Training for Logics Academy in Canada. In his prior role as a Computer Science teacher, he created a custom-made curriculum, using elements of game design and game-based learning, to captivate and engage his students. He has had the opportunity to share his ground breaking approach to Computer Science education at ISTE (2015, 2018), BIT (2014), Schoology NEXT (2018), as well as in interviews with major newspapers (Toronto Star, 2017). Mike’s Grade 8 curriculum, which asked students to spend the entire school year designing their own video games, from proposal to pitch, graphics to BETA and release has seen him be recognized as a thought-leader in Computer Science education. Mike is a Schoology Ambassador, a Google Certified Educator, an Apple Teacher and a member of the Prezi Educators Society. Mike challenges all educators to never stop learning and always be reaching for what’s next. He has an unshakable resolve to change the world through technology education. You can follow Mike on Twitter @misterwashburn
About OnEducation Podcast
Listen, we get it.
There's a lot going on. Technology, grading, policy, planning, DeVos, grading, iPads, conferences, grading, Trump, classroom management, grading, curriculum, special needs, and did we say grading? – we get it. OnEducation is here to help. We have honest conversations about teachers, teaching, and everything in between. It's time we talked, and we're hoping you will join the conversation.
Meet Mike and Glen. We're educators. We've been everywhere you've been. Mike is Canadian, Glen is American. We cover all the bases. This isn't your normal teacher conversation, this is the staff room (the good ones). We are real, honest (sometimes brutally) and we are hoping, informative. Join us as we talk to world-class educators, take questions, and tell you what's new.
This is OnEducation. We're glad you're here. Let's roll.
Links of Interest
- Homepage: https://oneducationpodcast.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/misterwashburn
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OnEducationPod
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OnEducationPod
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu2fkhy9cnZZbggW8_K3FgQ
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oneducationpod/?hl=en
- Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/oneducation/id1358451531
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYXJ0MTkuY29tL29uZWR1Y2F0aW9u
- Stitcher Radio: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oneducation
Follow Educational Podcasting Today
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)