If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why are podcasts so popular?
- Why create podcasts in your classroom?
- What is Listenwise?
- Curated Podcasts for the classroom
- How to create podcasts in the classroom
- Soundtrap – Online Editing Studio
- Podcast: Designing Student Podcast Projects
- Where to find Podcasting Professional Development
- How to bring podcasts into the classroom for classroom activities
- Online Editing Tools
- Free Apps for Voice Recording on Mobile Devices
- Advice on teaching students how to be a podcast host
- Asking the right questions
- Having a scripted conversation
- How to put together an interview
- How to practice working with guests
- How to be reflective of student work
- Asking the right questions
- Finding the right length for a student-created podcast
- Recording the morning announcements in your school
About Monica Brady-Myerov
Monica Brady-Myerov is the Founder & CEO of Listenwise, a listening skills company that curates the most compelling podcasts for use in the classroom. She is a content area specialist in audio and its use in the classroom and an expert in fact-based reporting and narrative storytelling. She is a 25-year veteran public radio journalist, her reports have been heard on NPR, Marketplace and numerous other outlets nationally and internationally.
Listenwise is an award-winning listening skills platform for grades 5-12. We curate compelling NPR podcasts for use in the classroom, providing rigorous academic content for all populations of students. Listenwise provides comprehensive lessons including differentiated instruction and scaffolding supports for literacy. Find more information at: listenwise.com
Notably recently Soundtrap for Education and Listenwise have recently partnered to offer professional development for classroom podcasting.
About the Student Podcast PODCAST
The Student Podcast PODCAST is a podcast featuring great student podcasts. Each episode highlights student work and highlights teacher tips & best practices about the challenges and successes of podcasting with their students. We believe elevating students’ voices beyond the classroom and sharing the lesson process will inspire others to get podcasting with their classes! Hosted by Monica Brady-Myerov, CEO & Founder of Listenwise, a listening skills program for middle and high school students.
Links of Interest
- Listenwise Homepage: https://listenwise.com/
- Student Podcast PODCAST: http://studentpodcastpodcast.libsyn.com/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/listenwiselearn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Listenwiselearn
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5k-FEPjI7a-HdDHbjRpHDA
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/listenwise/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/student-podcast-podcast/id1464235201
- Stitcher Radio: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/listenwise/student-podcast-podcast
Follow Educational Podcasting Today
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Educational Podcasting Today Podcast | @PodcastingToday
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn how to create your own Podcasts with these great resources from TeacherCast
- Join our brand new Facebook Page!
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)