During our conversation, we discuss several ways that teachers can ask thought-provoking questions to their students both verbally and on assessments that allow them to provide a fully thought out answer rather than just a simple yes or no.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
About our Guest
Erik M. Francis is the owner and lead professional education specialist for Maverik Education LLC, providing professional development, guidance, and support in teaching and learning for cognitive rigor. He works closely with K–12 schools across the nation developing active and authentic teaching and learning experiences that address the cognitive rigor of college and career-ready standards by challenging and engaging students to demonstrate higher-order thinking and communicate the depth of knowledge. Francis has been an educator for more than 20 years, working as a middle and high school English language arts and math teacher, a site administrator, and an education program specialist in the Title I unit of a state education agency. He is also a featured presenter for the Education Development and Support Program offered through Grand Canyon University.
Links of Interest
- Twitter: @MaverikEdu12
- Learn about the book from ASCD
- Shop ASCD and order the book today!
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
In what ways can you create thought-provoking questions for your students this year?
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv