In this episode of TeacherCast LIVE from FETC, I had the privilege of sitting down with Dr. Jianli Jiao, Dr. Matt Harris, and Victor Rivero to discuss the state of educational technology and professional development worldwide.
In this episode, we discuss:
- FETC Wrap-up
- What does professional development look like worldwide?
- How is EdTech different around the world?
- The importance of digital literacy for all age levels
- How to bring MOOCs into professional learning
- The importance of collaboration and networking at conferences
- What can American's learn from other global educational systems?
About our Guests
Dr. Jianli Jiao
Dr. Jianli Jiao is Professor of Educational Technology and Director of the Future Education Research Center at the School of Information Technology in Education, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China. He is a pioneer in teaching and learning with the web in mainland China. His research interests span educational technology, blended and online learning, technology-enhanced learning in K12, higher education, and continuing professional education. He has spoken at numerous local, national and international conferences about educational technology, MOOCs, blended and online learning, and published over 10 books, more than 110 articles in refereed journals, and 2100 posts in his own weblog (www.jiaojianli.com) in past 18 years. Currently, he is researching MOOCs, technology-enhanced learning as well as blended learning in K-12 and higher education settings.
Dr. Matt Harris
Matt Harris, Ed.D. is an international educational consultant based in Singapore. In his work, Dr. Harris helps schools, districts, and educational technology companies with educational technology strategic planning, systems design, training, and program development. Drawing on his award-winning programs, Dr. Harris has worked with schools and large educational organizations in Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America, Australia, and Asia. He also shares his expertise through keynote speeches, articles, and online social channels around educational leadership and technology. Prior to working as a consultant, Dr. Harris worked as an educational leader and teacher having taught all grade levels from preschool to graduate school in technology and mathematics. He worked as a senior administrator in schools and universities in North America and Asia. Dr. Harris is an Apple Distinguished Educator, Microsoft Innovative Education Expert, Google Certified Innovator, and Common Sense Education Certified Educator. In his spare time, Dr. Harris enjoys exploring the world through travel with his wife and children.
- Twitter: @MattHarrisEdD
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattharrisedd
- Blog: http://www.mattharrisedd.com
- Vlog: http://edtch.co/EdTechVlog
- Consulting Website: http://internationaledtech.com
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)