There are many great places to publish your podcast. In this post, we will take a look at how you can submit your podcast to Stitcher Radio, one of the most popular podcasting applications. If you have any questions about Apple Podcasts or about publishing your show, please leave a message in the comments below or Tweet to me @PodcastingToday.
How Do You Submit Your Show to Stitcher Radio?
In order to publish and submit your podcast to Stitcher, you need to first sign up for a free account.
- Make sure your podcast has a Valid RSS Feed
- Make sure your podcast artwork is a square JPG or PNG at least 1400×1400 pixels
- Visit www.Stitcher.com and click on the Sign-Up button on the top menu.
- Once you are logged in, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Partner Portal”
- Click on “Add Shows” on the top right menu
- Add your Show Name, RSS Feed URL, Language, Listener Numbers, Twitter, Facebook Page URL and Keywords
- Wait for Approval
What Happens Next?
Once your show is accepted and added to the Stitcher Radio channel, it will be available both on the desktop and mobile applications. You can then log back into Stitcher and access your show dashboard and download statistics for your podcast.
Understanding The Apple Podcasts Dashboard
The Dashboard shows you:
- Total listens for the month
- Total Active Listeners for the current month
- Total listening time (in hours)
- Total Downloads for the current month
How to You Promote Your Podcast?
There are several great applications and Stitcher is certainly one of them. One thing you can do to promote the listening of your podcast on Stitcher is to provide your users a direct link to the download page on Stitcher's website where they can download the Stitcher app on any mobile device, desktop, or even Amazon Echo.
One of the first things that you will want to do with your podcast after submitting it to the Apple Podcasts Directory is to submit it to Stitcher Radio. If you have any questions about this process or about being a member of the Stitcher Partner program, you can access their FAQ page found here. It's also important to know that Stitcher Radio is an audio-only platform. It accepts .mp3 files but does not accept any feed with a video format attached to it.
For additional information, please visit www.EducationalPodcasting.com.