Do you have a favorite Chrome Extension?
I'm sure you do.
Google Chrome Extensions are (usually) free applications that you quickly download into your Chrome browser that provide additional features to your online experience. They can be stand-alone apps that provide simple functionality such as ones that capture full-screen images for annotating or they are windows into full online applications such as video screencasting websites.
No matter what your needs are, there is probably a Chrome Extension for you.
How to Install a Chrome Extension
According to the Google Support website:
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- Find and select the extension you want.
- Click Add to Chrome.
For additional information on how to add/remove or manage your applications, check out this page on the Chromebook Help website.
What Chrome Extensions are Right for Coaches?
This year, I'm excited to launch my brand-new ebook: 70+ Chrome Extensions for Instructional Coaches. This is an extension of my 2018 version which was one of my most popular downloadable documents for Coaches.
To access this new version, please take a moment and fill out the form below and I will be happy to send it to you today!
When Should You Rely on Chrome Extensions to Get the Job Done?
There are a variety of applications that you have available to you as Instructional Coaches each day. Some of these applications are desktop class apps that you have to download and install on your computer. Other apps are ones that are online based that require a website, login, and password. Chrome Extensions are special applications that belong to a category of applications found somewhere in the middle of these two types of applications.
The best part of these Chrome Extensions is that you can easily turn them on and off locally (on your computer) or remotely (if you are a district network admin).
You should only carry a Chrome Extension in your browser if you know you are going to be using it. If not, you are only creating a situation where your computer and browser turns on the code to run an Extension each and every time you start up your browsing experience but .. if you don't need it… don't keep it around. It's totally ok to install and uninstall them as needed.
Get the Support You Need for Your Instructional Coaching Program Today!
Are you searching for the best ways to support and grow your Instructional Coaching program this year? The best way to do that is by joining the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network.
By joining the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network, you will have access to:
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!