In this episode of EdTech in the Classroom, we welcome Asmund Furuseth from Kahoot! To share the launching of a brand new Kahoot! Certification program for educators worldwide. For more information about Kahoot!, please visit www.Kahoot.com
In this episode, we discuss:
- New Kahoot! Certification Program
- Launching on August 22, 2018
- How to create “Game Based Learning” with Kahoot!
- Formative Assessment
- To Introduce new topics
- To reinforce learning goals
- Why is it important for students to be able to create Kahoot! games
- Students can think about quality questions and answers
- Students have a deeper understanding of the content when creating questions for their peers
- New Integrations with Apple’s Schoolwork App
- Amazing use cases of Kahoot! in the classroom
- “Blind Kahoot” Where teachers use Kahoot to introduce a new topic
- New In-App Quiz Creation
- New user interface and spreadsheet importer for importing questions into Kahoot!
Since its launch in 2012, Kahoot! has turned game-based learning into a pop culture phenomenon around the world. The game platform hosted over 70 million monthly active users and has a library with more than 50 million learning games, created and shared by fans in more than 200 countries. Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome for learners in all contexts. The company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in London, Austin and Palo Alto. Let’s play!
About our Guests
Before meeting Kahoot! co-founders in 2013, Åsmund ran a wind turbine technology company called ChapDrive. He also advises and secures funding for various startups, where he holds Board Director roles. Åsmund has a Master of Science Degree in Physics from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
He owns a vintage sailboat and would like to spend more time sailing in the Oslo fjord (that he can see from our office window).
Links of Interest
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Edtech in the Classroom Homepage – www.EdtechInTheClassroom.com
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Kahoot Certification Program (Launching August 29)
- Kahoot! Integrates with Apple’s Schoolwork App
- Create Quizzes from inside Kahoot! App
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv