This year at the ISTE conference, I had the privilege of working with the Skype team. I have been a big fan of Skype for several years and if you are a podcaster, it is a GREAT platform to use when bringing your guests on to your show. This year, Michael Soskil, a Microsoft Innovative Educator shared with me some of the great new features of Skype and demonstrated how he is using video conferencing in his classroom.
Learn More about Skype
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/skypeclassroom
About Michael Soskil
Michael Soskil is a STEM education, global collaboration, and technology integration expert who has developed and presented numerous professional learning sessions for K-12 teachers, educational media outlets, and social innovators from around the world. In 2014 the White House and the National Science Foundation presented him the highest honors that the United States bestows upon math and science teachers: The Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching. His use of technology as a transformational learning tool has led the Pennsylvania Department of Education as well as numerous companies and non-profit organizations to laud his innovative classroom practices. In 2015 the Varkey Gems Foundation named him as a top-50 finalist for the “Nobel Prize of Teaching”, the Global Teacher Prize. After 16 years of teaching fifth grade, he has worked for the past two years at the Wallenpaupack Area School District in Northeastern Pennsylvania as a Curriculum Coach where he helped teachers and students create 21st Century learning environments and exceptional learning experiences. As an elementary science teacher this year he will be exploring new ways to inspire students to wonder, solve problems, and make the world better.
Share the Love
- If you enjoyed the show, please rate us on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
- Please join the TechEducator Podcast LIVE every Sunday night at 7:00 P.M. EST on http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Learn How To Launch Your Very Own Podcast!
- Are you interested in learning how to podcast? Do you want to share podcasting with your students or perhaps create a podcast from your own home? Jeff is available for one-on-one consulting to help you learn how to bring your podcasting ideas to life.
- Check out our Educators Guide to Podcasting today! | Video | Slideshare Presentation
Please contact to become a guest on the show
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net