In this episode, you will learn:
- What challenges do school districts face in today's rapidly growing edtech market?
- Why is important for school districts to make the right decisions when it comes to their edtech purchases?
- What role does/should social media play in the gathering of data when deciding on bringing in a technology for classrooms?
- How does LearnPlatform create a partnership with school districts to provide the best solution for technology decisions?
- Is LearnPlatform the best option for both large and small school districts?
- How can LearnPlatform help shape what Professional Development looks like for teachers?
- How can parents learn about the technologies that are being put in front of their students?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Edtech in the Classroom Homepage – www.EdtechInTheClassroom.com
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
LearnPlatform is the comprehensive edtech management and rapid-cycle evaluation system for educators and administrators to organize, streamline and analyze their classroom technology to improve instructional, operational and financial decisions. The SaaS edtech system of record allows education organizations to effectively inventory and select digital learning tools, establish and maintain regulatory compliance, and measure outcomes to gain meaningful, actionable evidence to ensure learning ecosystems are safe and cost-effective. K-12 districts, higher ed institutions, and state education agencies use the research-based LearnPlatform to continuously improve standards of practice that drive blended and personalized learning at scale, increase student achievement and expand equitable access to education technologies.
Lea(R)n, founded on the mission of expanding equitable access for all students to education technology that works, is the creator of LearnPlatform, the comprehensive edtech management and rapid-cycle evaluation system for educators and administrators to organize, streamline and analyze their classroom technology to improve instructional, operational and financial decisions. Built by, with and for educators, LearnPlatform empowers both individual educators and organizations with consistent, proven data that they can trust.
LearnPlatform has a product library of more than 5,000 tools with more than 100,000 verified educator reviews. The platform is unbiased, meaning there is a level playing field for all: the only thing that matters is what works. Educators and leaders will get a comprehensive-yet-digestible overview of the edtech tools available, the needs they can help you address, and their relative effectiveness for educators in similar situations to yourself; save both time and money, and avoid non-compliance in edtech purchasing, implementation, evaluation, and management; and gain rapid, comprehensive insights on the way your edtech tools are used and how effective they are in achieving your goals so that you can make data-driven instruction and budget decisions.
About our Guest
Karl Rectanus is an educator, entrepreneur and adviser. As cofounder and CEO of Lea(R)n, an education innovation Benefit Corporation that empowers educators and their institutions to organize, streamline and analyze education technology through its research-backed LearnPlatform, Karl leads schools and districts, states and networks, and colleges and universities in their efforts to simplify edtech selection, procurement, implementation and measurement. Karl works with learning organizations and networks across the country to establish and elevate standards of practice that drive personalized learning at scale, student achievement, and equity in access.
A former educator and administrator in the US and abroad, Karl has started and led multiple education innovation organizations, and currently advises districts, states, and foundations. Karl has lived, worked and studied in over 12 countries, was an NC Teaching Fellow and James M Johnston Scholar at UNC-Chapel Hill, and completed graduate courses at UCLA’s Anderson Business School and CalTech Executive Extension. Karl, his wife, and three daughters now live in Raleigh, NC. Follow Karl on Twitter @KarlRectanus.
Casey Rimmer is the Innovation and EdTech Coordinator for Union County Public Schools.
She is an experienced Technology Facilitator with a demonstrated history of working in the education management industry. Casey is skilled in E-Learning, K-12 Education, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, and Educational Technology. She has a Masters Degree focused in Curriculum and Instruction, Technology Leadership from Concordia University in Portland. Follow Casey on Twitter @techtipsPRMS.
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Learn Platform Homepage
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes