On this episode of the Microsoft Innovative Educator Spotlight Series Podcast, we are LIVE from the ISTE Conference from Chicago Illinois. I had the opportunity to learn about what is happening today with Microsoft Education with two great conversations with members of the Microsoft Education team.
My first interview is with Corporate Vice President of Education, Eran Megiddo. Together we talk about the landscape of education and how Microsoft technologies are fitting into the hands of students of all ages.
My second interview is with Joey Taralson from Flipgrid. In this conversation, we discuss the new partnership between Flipgrid and Microsoft and what it means for thousands of teachers and students worldwide.
What's New at Microsoft EDU?
- What’s New in Microsoft Education
- BBC Movie “BBC Oceans”
- Ocean Lesson Plans / Hacking STEM / Minecraft
- Microsoft Hack the Classroom
- Microsoft Education has #FlipgridFever
- Why should students be engaged through Audio and Video?
- STEM Education / STEM Saturdays
- Microsoft Retail Stores
- The MIE Program
- What is the vision of education for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella?
- Windows 10 S Devices and Accessories
- “Empowering Everyone to Achieve More”
What is Flipgrid?
Created a few years ago in Minnesota, Flipgrid is a video platform that allows students and teachers to share ideas and learn together. Building on the concept of personalized learning, Flipgrid has grown into the goto video learning platform in more than 150 countries.
The mission of Flipgrid is to “Empower learners of all ages to define their voices, share their voices, and respect the diverse voices of overs.”
In a message heard around the world, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella announced that Flipgrid would be joining the Microsoft family on June 18.
Follow our Podcast
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEAudio
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEVideo
- Show Notes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIESpotlight
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (http://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?