In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we welcome Frank and Shannon from the Microsoft Education team on the program and Rob Dixon from Nebraska to discuss how Microsoft Education is being implemented in school districts worldwide to meet the needs of districts, teachers, classrooms, and most importantly … students.
- How does a school district create a vision for technology integration?
- Students vs Devices vs Cost
- How to reach out and work with EdTech companies
- Choosing the right device for your students
- Finding Microsoft Education on their Social Networks.
Links of Interest
- Twitter: @microsoftedu
- Website: education.microsoft.com
- Blog: http://educationblog.microsoft.com
- Web: http://microsoft.com/education
- Youtube: What’s New in Edu
About our Guests
Frank Chiappone is a Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Microsoft Education, He currently works on the Education Audience Marketing team with specific focus on the School Leader and IT Decision Maker audiences. In this role he is responsible for understanding how institutions make technology purchasing decisions, the opportunities and challenges they face in implementing and driving technology adoption in the classroom and exploring how Microsoft can best deliver innovation to help institutions around the world empower teachers and students to achieve better learning outcomes.
As the Education Platform lead for PacWest and Mountain Desert regions, Shannon is responsible for showcasing the One Microsoft approach in education through the lens of Windows 10, Office 365 Education and Minecraft Education Edition on our partner devices. Through the usage of Microsoft devices and services, Microsoft's mission is to bring innovative solutions to the classroom and empower every educator and student on the planet to achieve more. Shannon can demonstrate concrete software and device scenarios in a classroom, school or district setting that have proven high value to educators. He is adept at applying the right tools to foster immersive and inclusive learning environments where students thrive and are best prepared for higher education and the professional work world. You can learn more about Shannon and his professional work experience here.
Rob Dickson presently serves as the Executive Director of Information Management Systems with Omaha Public Schools, directing the instructional technology program and all technology infrastructure work for the district. In his current role, Dickson has introduced innovative initiatives to increase capacities in professional development; among these initiatives is a partnership with Microsoft that has resulted in 200 Microsoft Innovative Educators as well as Instructional Technology Leadership cohorts led by his team. Dickson’s practical understanding of how technology should support student learning, his willingness to listen to and emphasize with teachers in the classroom and ability to communicate vision to key players in the district has brought success to the districts he has served. Dickson also works to consult numerous Districts with their strategic technology vision and implementation. Noteworthy accomplishments include his previous District ranking among the “Top Ten” Digital Districts in the nation four years consecutively, leading the first VBlock cloud data center installation in K-12 education and starting the first virtual school in Nebraska history. Dickson was named 2014’s “20 to Watch” from NSBA for innovation and technology integration work, was recently recognized as one of the 2016 Top 30 Technologists, Transformers, and Trailblazers by the Center for Digital Education, as well as 2017 Administrator PLN Award for Exemplary Leadership from the International Society for Technology in Education.
Please share with us!
We would love to know how you are using Office 365 in your school district. Please leave us a comment below.
Thank You For Your Podcast Reviews
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Ask Me Your Podcasting or WordPress Question
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? Do you need help creating an awesome WordPress website? I am available for 1:1 consulting. Please visit my homepage and I will help you launch your personal brand today!
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (https://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (https://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (https://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
Recorded October 11, 2017