This week at the ISTE Conference in Philadelphia, I had the opportunity to meet Mike Tholfsen from the Microsoft Education team who gave me the inside scoop on all of the new features that are launching this summer for Office365.
What's New For Educators This Summer?
- Windows 10 and Office365 accessibility features including new voices in 50 different languages for Narrator (without having to download language packs!), cursor and pointer size settings and more.
- Immersive Reader is now available in Minecraft: Education Edition (to read in-game text, character dialogue and more) and available as an Azure Cognitive Service, allowing third-party apps and partners to add Immersive Reader into products, helping students and parents read text within apps.
- Presenter Coach in PowerPoint gives on-screen guidance on pacing, inclusive language, conciseness, profanity, filler words, and originality as students speak into a microphone to practice presentations and improve public-speaking.
- A Simplified and focused new design
- A NEW gradebook featuring Grade Sync that allows you to easily sync your assignments and grades to PowerSchool or other Student Information Systems.
- Share to Teams: A new feature that makes it simple to add content to Teams from other Office 365 and third party applications.
- Live Captions are now built into Teams meetings that allow you to instantly translate what others are saying into your native language.
← What is the Microsoft Innovative Educator Program?Microsoft Education and NASA Team Up To Bring STEM Activities into Classrooms that are Out Of This World! →