Jeff sits down with Steven Anderson and Eric Sheninger to discuss how they are educating a generation of digital learners.
- What are we looking forward to as the new school year approaches?
- How are we getting ready for school differently this year as opposed to in years past?
- Suggestions for starting our students on the right track this year?
- Empowering Integration
- How should technology be introduced into our classrooms?
- How can we help our teachers learn about these technologies?
- What types of PD should we be giving our teachers.
- What types of technology should be introduced into our classrooms? (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blogs, Wiki's, Podcasts, iPads, iPhones, internet devices)
- What types of accounts should we be asking our students to have? (twitter, dropbox, google…etc..)
- Internet Safety and Security…. Keeping students, teachers and school districts safe
- Should teachers use more Google in the classroom?
- How should we be inviting our students to share files between home and school?
- Having phones in school vs having iPads in schools (both students and teachers)
- Encouraging our students to help teachers prepare for lessons…. (finding topics online and submitting them for research materials…. livebinder activities)
- Are we as teachers preparing our students for the current future or the future yet to come?
- How are schools using and managing table devices and app purchases
Websites and Apps Discussed:
- Poll Everywhere
Text Message (SMS) Polls and Voting, Audience Response System
Secure Social Learning Network for Teachers and Students
Beautiful Word Clouds
open-source community-based tools for learning
Create a Social Networking Site with Ning, the Best Social Site Platform
- PD 360
The world’s first and largest online, on-demand professional development platform for educators.
Educational Technology Made Simple
- Atomic Learning
Education: Professional Development, Technology Integration and Software Training and Support Solutions – Atomic Learning
- Teachscape: K12
Effective Teaching | Teaching Strategies | School Performance | School Improvement | Student Achievement
Cloudbased File Storage
Web Highlighter and Sticky Notes, Online Bookmarking and Annotation, Personal Learning Network.
RSS Reader for iPad and iPhone
- Documents To Go®
Join the TeacherCast Insiders Program
Get our latest content and be the first to learn about our live broadcasts, online courses and other exciting content.