Jeff sits down with Katie McClarty from Pearson Education to discuss Gifted and Talented education. Learn how the Center for College and Career Success can help you and your students.
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. For more information about Pearson, visit http://www.pearson.com.
Links of interest
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pearsonplc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pearson
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PearsonEducation
About our Guest
Katie McClarty, Ph.D.Center for College & Career Success
Katie McClarty leads the Center for College & Career Success. She heads a team of researchers in planning and executing research in support of the Center mission, which is to (1) identify and measure the skills needed to be successful in college and careers, (2) determine pathways for students to be college and career ready, (3) track their progress along the pathway, and (4) evaluate effective ways to keep students on track. Dr. McClarty has authored papers, chapters, and presentations related to college readiness, standard setting, assessment design, computer-based testing, interface design, teacher effectiveness, and next-generation assessments. Her work has been published in journals such as the American Psychologist, Research in Higher Education, Applied Measurement in Education, Measurement: Interdisciplinary Research & Perspectives, and Educational Researcher. Dr. McClarty holds a doctorate degree in social and personality psychology from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Pearson’s Research & Innovation Network and the Center for College & Career Success
- Study about the impact of skipping a grade on gifted students. What are the benefits of acceleration for gifted students?
- Are there any consequences for accelerating a gifted student?
- “A Nation Empowered”
- The role of technology in helping gifted students becoming successful
Recorded in 2015
Join the TeacherCast Insiders Program
Get our latest content and be the first to learn about our live broadcasts, online courses and other exciting content.