Have you ever wondered what an Apple Distinguished School looks like? Have you ever thought about rolling out a successful 1:1 initiative across thousands of students and teachers? In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, Jeff sits down with Ross Cooper to discuss TL2020, a State of the Art, 21st Century vision for the Salisbury Twp. School District that not only is turning heads worldwide, but chasing the lives of students as they become college and career ready.
About Salisbury School District
Teaching and Learning 2020 (TL2020) is an initiative of the Salisbury Township School District located in Allentown, PA. TL2020 is the next phase in the development of teaching and learning that started in our district with TL2014. TL2020 builds on our successes at transforming teaching and learning through technology. The initiative offers increased learning opportunities by providing a personal computing device for each student (1:1), Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 – iPad Mini – available in school
- Grade 2 – Grade 5 – Macbook Pro – available in school
- Grade 6 – Grade 12 – Macbook Pro – available in school and at home
TL2020.org is the primary communication tool for teachers, students, parents and community about all things TL2020! Links to documents, forms and important information about digital devices for students and parents/guardians appear across the top of the page. Look for fresh content about student work and TL2020 news to appear on the main page.
TL2020 has as its stated goals:
- Transformed teaching and learning, guided by the SAMR framework as measured by classroom walkthroughs, observations, surveys and other sources.
- Increased occurrences of higher level thinking, guided by Webb’s Depths of Knowledge (DOK) as measured by classroom walkthroughs, observations, surveys and other sources.
- Increased opportunities for all students to benefit from online and blended learning opportunities in all content areas including courses/content developed by Salisbury staff.
- Increase opportunities for all students to develop and practice literacies that provide readiness for college and career in our interconnected world.
Links of interest
About Our Guest
Ross Cooper is currently the Supervisor of Instructional Practice K-12 in the Salisbury Township School District (1:1 MacBook/iPad) in Allentown, Pennsylvania.He is an Apple Distinguished Educator and a Google Certified Teacher.
Join the TeacherCast Insiders Program
Get our latest content and be the first to learn about our live broadcasts, online courses and other exciting content.