In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we speak with Dr. Ayanna Howard, Professor at the Georgia Institute of Technology about Robotics, STEM Education, and her upcoming Keynote at the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is the difference between Coding and Programming?
- Why should STEM be included in all subject areas?
- Can STEM and Coding be included in our Pre-K programs?
- Where can teachers find great resources to get them started in STEM?
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
About our Dr. Ayanna Howard
Dr. Howard has over 13 years of R&D experience covering a number of projects that have been supported by a range of agencies including: NSF, NASA, Procter and Gamble, ExxonMobil, and Intel. Her robotics and assistive technology research, has resulted in over 200 publications and numerous patents. Her accomplishments are highlighted through a number of awards and articles, including highlights in USA Today, Upscale, and TIME Magazine. She was named MIT Technology Review top young innovator, recognized as NSBE Educator of the Year, and a recipient of the Anita Borg Educator Award. In addition to her extensive robotics experience, Dr. Howard’s entrepreneurial experience involves development of a leading genetic algorithm package and Brainsheet, a neural-network optimization package. The IP for both applications were later acquired by larger companies. Dr. Howard holds a degree from Brown University, a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of Southern California, and an M.B.A. from the Drucker Graduate School of Management.
Links of Interest
- Twitter @Zyrobotics
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/zyrobotics
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0H8q5JWiVQjD5MC4w-tlw
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
Question: What were the first steps you took when bringing STEM into your classroom?
Please share your experiences in the comments section below.
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (https://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (https://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv