In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we sit down with Tony Skauge and Jamie Candee to showcase how teachers are using Edmentum to design engaging learning experiences for their students.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
Follow our Host
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
Edmentum, Inc., is committed to making it easier for educators to individualize learning for every student through simple technology, high-quality content, and actionable data. Founded in innovation, Edmentum’s powerful learning programs blend technology with individual teaching approaches. Edmentum is committed to being educators' most trusted partner in creating successful student outcomes everywhere learning occurs. Built on 50 years of experience in education, Edmentum programs currently support educators and students in more than 40,000 schools nationwide. For more information, visit edmentum.com.
Check out these great resources
- Exact Path: https://www.edmentum.com/products/exact-path
- Study Island: http://www.edmentum.com/products/study-island
- Reading Eggs: http://www.edmentum.com/products/reading-eggs-reading-eggspress
- Courseware: http://www.edmentum.com/products/courseware
About our Guests
Tony Skauge, Services Program Manager, Edmentum
Tony Skauge has worked in the field of education for over 10 years as an award-winning classroom instructor and as an Education Specialist at the Science Museum of Minnesota. He received his bachelor of science degree in Elementary Education from Minnesota State University Moorhead. Tony is currently the Services Program Manager at Edmentum where he worked on the ground with hundreds of schools districts and professional educators from across the country to successfully integrate online and blended learning strategies into the classroom with goal of helping each child be successful.
Jamie Candee, President and CEO, Edmentum
Jamie joined Edmentum in 2005 and began her career with the company in Human Resources, before working her way through nearly every department within the organization—serving as Director, Sales and Service Effectiveness; Vice President, Product Development; Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing; and Chief Revenue Officer during her initial tenure.
Jamie rejoined the organization in 2017, to lead Edmentum’s strategic vision and long term growth plan as President, CEO, and Board Director, bringing her successful record of accomplishment as an executive with extensive experience in education technology, private equity, and policy. Jamie was selected by Minnesota Business magazine as one of the 2015 (Real) Power 50, by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal as a 2017 Titans of Technology honoree, and 2017 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist. She sits on the board of directors for Project Success, a MN-based education non-profit and serves as an advisory board member for Bethel University’s Department of Business and Economics.
Jamie holds a Master of Business Administration from Bethel University and a Bachelor of Science in political science from the University of Wisconsin. Her ambitious personality, relentless commitment to serve educators and students, and strong leadership inspire her teams to build and implement education programs that promote and support lifelong teaching and learning.
Links of Interest
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Edmentum
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/edmentum
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/edmentum
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
Question: In what way are you creating interactive and engaging lessons for your students?
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?