Welcome to the Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Spotlight Series Podcast. In this episode, Jeff sits down with MIE Master Trainer Laura Stanner to discuss how we can help our struggling readers.
Don't forget to join us on the first and third Tuesdays of each month for our TweetMeet Twitter chats using #MSFTEDUChat and #OneNoteQ
Read Laurens Blog post today
About Laura Stanner
Laura Stanner is a Technology Integration Consultant with Keystone Area Education Agency in northeast Iowa. Prior to joining Keystone's Tech Integration Team, Laura served as a Tech Coach, as well as an award-winning Journalism, Publications and Broadcasting Adviser in Iowa and Texas. Laura has been an educator for nearly 20 years.
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/stannerl
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/stannerl
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Stannerl
Links of interest
Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity
- “Must Read” book for deep learning about Dyslexia: “Overcoming Dyslexia”
- International Dyslexia Association – Fact Sheets
- Reading Rockets – Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Resources
- Learning Ally
- Dr. Louisa C. Moats website – Great teacher and parent resources
- Dyslexic Advantage.org
- Decoding Dyslexia
- What is an Orton Gillingham Approach?
About the MIE Spotlight Series Podcast
The MIE Spotlight Series is a co-branded educational podcast produced in collaboration between the TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network and Microsoft Education. Hosted by Jeff Bradbury, the MIE Spotlight series focuses on innovative thinking and teaching that incorporates cutting-edge technology being deployed in classrooms. For more information on the Microsoft Innovative Educator program, please visit: http://education.microsoft.com
- Website: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIESpotlight
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEAudio
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/MIEVideo
Contact the Show
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
About Microsoft Education
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services. Its best-known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world’s largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world’s most valuable companies.
Join us for our next TweetMeet
- Tuesday, October 4 – #OneNoteQ
- Tuesday, October 18 – #MSFTEDUChat
Learn about the Skypathon
About the TeacherCast Educational Network
In 2011, educator Jeff Bradbury created TeacherCast.net as a vehicle to curate resources for teachers and students to help them learn how to use educational technology in their classrooms. What started with a simple concept eventually grew into a globally recognized educational broadcasting network and educational brand. For more information, please visit TeacherCast.net
Join the TeacherCast Insiders Program
Get our latest content and be the first to learn about our live broadcasts, online courses and other exciting content.