In this episode of the TeacherCast Podcast, we take a look at 5 things you and your students can do with video in the first few weeks of school. Our guest today is 8th-grade technology teacher Bruce Reicher from New Jersey and together, we break down how to use video in your curriculum, different types of equipment you might be interested in using, our favorite apps, and the all-important question, “how do you create live morning announcements for your school?”
5 Things you can do with video this school year!
- Make a video about the book you read over the summer
- Write one paragraph about a book you read this summer
- Record your paragraph
- Create a video biography about yourself
- Find 5 five pictures that tell about yourself
- Upload the 5 pictures and record why they are special to you.
- Have a teacher take pictures and create a video for Back To School night
- Start taking pictures of your students from the first day of school
- Use the DriveSlides extension to put them into a Google Slideshow
- Go to file and publish and loop the slideshow for Back To School Night
- Have students videotape parents for back to school night and create a video
- Have students be reporters for that night in your school
- Have them create a video to highlight the school and what parents learned on Back To School Night.
- Do a passion project of what you would like to study the most this year.
- Brainstorm with students what their passions are
- Have them record 30 seconds on why this passion is so special to them.
About our Guest
Bruce Reicher has been an educator for over 20 years. Reicher currently is a technology teacher in middle school and teaches Google Apps, Coding and TV production. Reicher is a certified Google Educator and an Ambassador for Codesters and WeVideo. Reicher is also been a Board of Education member for 5 years for Hawthorne, NJ. Reicher is the head of the curriculum and instruction committee.
- Twitter: @breicher
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bruce.reicher
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/breicher/
- Smore: https://www.smore.com/vote-for-bruce-reicher
- Media Website: https://sites.google.com/view/brucereicherpd/wevideo-on-every-device
WeVideo is the leading online video creation platform, providing editing, collaboration, and sharing capabilities across any device. Anyone can access WeVideo, from any computer or device at home, work, or on the go to capture, edit, view and share with secure storage of their content in the cloud.
WeVideo Social Media Links
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/wevideo
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/wevideo
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/wevideo
- Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/+WeVideo
Thank You For Your Podcast Reviews
Are you enjoying Educational Podcasting Today or other shows on the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Ask Me Your Podcasting or WordPress Question
Are you interested in starting your own podcast? Do you need help creating an awesome WordPress website? I am available for 1:1 consulting. Please visit my homepage and I will help you launch your personal brand today!
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (https://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (https://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Watch LIVE: http://www.TeacherCast.tv | Broadcasting Schedule (https://www.teachercast.net/showcal)
- TeacherCast Broadcasting Community: http://www.TeacherCast.net/broadcastingcommunity
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
Recorded July 19, 2017