In this episode, you will learn how Microsoft OneNote can be used to help you organize not only your classroom but just about every part of your daily activities. We are also pleased to announce the second annual OneNote Online Conference happening from November 7-13. Once again, TeacherCast will be sponsoring the conference as well as being a featured presenter. Please take a moment and check out the conference at https://learnonconference.com/
How can OneNote be used to meet your needs?
- Event Planning
- Plan an event (like a conference, party or carnival) with OneNote by having a section to brainstorm by hand, create a table of deliverable items, create daily tasks lists, link to Excel documents with more detail contact lists, create rough drafts of emails, store PDF contracts, save links to share, and take screenshots of research inspiration (photos, website design, flyer design).
- Make team meetings dynamic
- While teams are meeting, make notes that are meaningful and useful. Add documents, insert links, tag people for “to do” items, and link notes to Outlook meetings.
- Travel Light with OneNote
- Keep all your travel arrangements in OneNote (airline, hotel, rental car), print important emails & flyers with information about where you are going into OneNote, and use Office Lens to insert PDFs of your receipts (if you are lucky enough to be reimbursed). Any presentations you are sharing (PPT, Sway or other) can also be stored on OneNote, just in case! Then use OneNote on your smartphone when you travel to stay super organized and travel light
- Organize your Podcasting
- Microsoft OneNote can be used to help organize all of your podcast needs. Simply use its infinite canvas to gather your thoughts on show topics, create show notes, and store your audio/video.
Join us for this year's Conference!
- The Learn OneNote Conference is an online event happening November 7th through November 13th that will gather more than 25 OneNote experts to share their best tips, tricks, and hacks for OneNote. Both business productivity topics and education topics will be included with speakers sharing their screens to show exactly how and what they accomplish with OneNote. This is a community-driven event organized by Jared DeCamp, sponsored by Teachercast and Flipgrid, and includes incredible speakers such as Tammy Dunbar, Jeffrey Bradbury and many more MIEEs and OneNote MVPs. Last year more than 4,000 people participated and we are expecting an even bigger turnout this year. All the video sessions are free during the event and you can register to get direct links to all the sessions by visiting https://learnonconference.com.
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
Follow our Hosts
About our Guests
Jared DeCamp is the OneNote fan responsible for organizing the community driven Learn OneNote Conference. His sole focus is bringing like-minded people together in an online event atmosphere to encourage growth, networking and barrier free personal development. You can find him on Twitter @Jared_DeCamp or see the Learn OneNote Conference he has organized.
Technology Integration Specialist and National Board certified teacher-librarian in the Lake Washington School District. Outgoing president for the Board of Directors for theNorthwest Council for Computer Education (NCCE). Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert and Master Trainer. Experience facilitating learning at Western Washington University, The University of Washington, and Seattle Pacific University. Large-group presentations include NCCE, IETA, ISTE, TCEA, and district meetings.
Tammy Brecht Dunbar, M.Ed., S.T.E.M. teaches 5th grade in Manteca Unified School District and Pre-Service Technology at Teachers College of San Joaquin (Stockton, CA). She was named 2016 California Woman of the Year, Assembly District 12, and is a popular presenter and trainer around the country (ISTE, BLC, CUE, CTA North, etc). She presented at the 2017 Microsoft Global Hack the Classroom Educast https://www.facebook.com/microsoftineducation/videos/1653454678040222/ ,
and is co-author of The Human Differences Project. She is a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert Fellow & Master Trainer, a Skype Master Teacher and Surface Master Trainer.
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
Question: How are you using Microsoft OneNote to organize your classroom? Please leave a comment below and share with us how OneNote is saving you time each day!
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Twitter Resources
- OneNote Web Clipper (Chrome Extension)
- https://aka.ms/getonenotecape to buy the OneNote cape
Tech Tip of the Week
- There are several applications that can be used to help keep you organized, both in the classroom at at home. By using Microsoft OneNote, you not only have a solution that will help store all of your written content, but you can also store your audio, video, and images as well in a single location that can be accessed anywhere on any platform.
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (https://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- TeacherCast App Spotlight (https://www.teachercast.net/appspotlight)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Tuesday at 8:00 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
Recorded October 24, 2017