In this episode of the TechEducator Podcast, we tackle the tough topic of teacher/student communication and together learn how to use Google Docs to create effective learning environments. Did you know that Google Docs features multiple ways of providing feedback to students in the form of Comments and Suggestions?
Google Docs is not only a fantastic word processing application but one of the best communication tools for any teacher to use in the classroom. Check out our podcast above to learn more.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Communication – it’s not just one of the 4 C’s. It’s an essential tool for the classroom.
- Editing vs Suggesting Mode
- What are they?
- When to use them?
- Why to use them?
- Collaborating with Google Docs… how to let others know of changes to your work
- Time-saving feedback tricks – CheckMark Chrome Extension
- Voice Feedback w/ Read & Write for Google
- Hidden Google Doc tricks
- Google Docs URL Tricks
- Google Docs URL Tricks
- New “Activity Dashboard” coming to Google Drive starting March 21 to “Rapid Release” districts.
- What else can Google Docs be used for?
- How to prepare for the Google Docs portion of the Google Certified test
- Teaching in a Chromebook Classroom? Google Docs is your secret weapon.
- Resource: https://goo.gl/HLT5Nd
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- The TechEducator Podcast | @TechEdShow
- Visit the TechEducator Podcast | www.TechEducatorPodcast.com
Follow our Hosts
- Jeff Bradbury | @JeffBradbury
- Dr. Sam Patterson | @SamPatue
- Jennifer Judkins | @TeachingForward
- Josh Gauthier | @MrGFactoftheDay
- Rob Pennington | @RobPennington9
- Jennifer Giffen | @VirtualGiff
Join the Conversation
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This weeks question is:
How are you using Google Docs to provide meaningful and authentic feedback to your students?
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Tech Tip of the Week
- Turn an old phone charger into an open 5V power source-Sam
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
View LIVE Professional Development from TeacherCast
- Join us LIVE every Wednesday at 8:30 PM EST: http://www.TeacherCast.tv