Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff sits down with ISTE Authors Carolina Rodriguez-Buitrago and Martha Ramirez to discuss their upcoming book “In-Class Flip: A Student-Centered Approach to Differentiated Learning.”
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Join the TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a brand new Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
In This Episode …
- What does a 2022 flipped classroom look like?
- How can a teacher get into flipping their classroom?
- Rewiring flipped learning with in-class flip
- How can Instructional Coaches support the Flipped Classroom model?
- Best practices in providing Professional Development on Flipped Classroom
- How can teachers and coaches take advantage of the summer time to prepare for a flipped classroom environment?
- Post-pandemic teaching and socio-emotional learning in the classroom
About our Guests
Carolina Rodriguez-Buitrago is a teacher, researcher and teacher educator from Bogotá, Colombia. She has been an English as a Foreign Language teacher for over 20 years. Carolina has been working with flipped learning since 2014 and has studied its impact on students’ self-regulation, the application of active learning methodologies in students’ development of autonomy and the emancipatory power of technology in students’ learning. She recently decided to pursue Positive Education as a complement to her knowledge on technology and English Language Teaching and Learning.
Martha Ramirez is a teacher educator, English professor, and academic consultant in Bogotá, Colombia. She has been in the education field for almost 20 years and first bumped into flipped learning in 2013 while researching how to design a pronunciation pedagogy course for English teachers in Colombia. Since then, she has fully flipped all of her courses, which she blogs about in her personal website. Nowadays, she combines flipped learning and in-class flip with growth mindset education.
About “The Book”
This book tackles in-class flip thoroughly being the first book of its kind. The book explains what in-class flip is and how it differs from traditional flipped learning. The book contains 13 chapters that walk teachers through the many possibilities to conduct an in-class flip across settings, providing detail for teachers to implement it successfully and from scratch. We lay out the theory behind flipped learning and construct our own definition of In-class Flip, including comparisons with other authors’ conceptions of this approach. The book was written by two language and teacher educators, but to fill the gaps of content and context the authors might have, fifteen educators around the globe and in multiple fields were interviewed and their stories provide a wider scope. We also explain how differentiation plays an important role in the use of in-class flip. This is a practical book with many real-life examples (images, videos, lesson plan formats), a step-by-step planning guide, and information about online learning, gamification and other methodologies that in-class flip supports. Throughout the different pages, educators will encounter a myriad of ideas they can take into their classes as soon as they pick up this book.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is home to a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education. ISTE inspires the creation of solutions and connections that improve opportunities for all learners by delivering: practical guidance, evidence-based professional learning, virtual networks, thought-provoking events and the ISTE Standards. ISTE is also the leading publisher of books focused on technology in education. For more information or to become an ISTE member, visit iste.org. Subscribe to ISTE’s YouTube channel and connect with ISTE on Twitter or Facebook.
ISTE books and jump-start guides address both established and emerging industry topics, and are aligned with the ISTE Standards, providing clear, practical guidance to help educators meet the standards. Whether you’re a classroom teacher, librarian, district leader or teacher educator, ISTE books are your answer to effective districtwide PD and professional learning to meet your goals or tech initiatives.
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!
For More Information: https://www.AskTheTechCoach.com