Welcome to “Ask the Tech Coach,” a podcast for Instructional Coaches and Technology Integration Specialists.
In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff welcomes Stephanie Howell, Nicole Zumpano, and Katie Fielding on the podcast to discuss the importance of Instructional Coaches having a clearly defined 90-Day Plan at the beginning of the school year.
If you would like to be a part of future podcasts and share your thoughts, please contact the podcast. We would love to have you join the show.
Question of the Week
Our favorite part of recording a live podcast each week is participating in the great conversations that happen on our live chat, on social media, and in our comments section.
This week’s question is:
- What should Coaches be thinking about as the school year begins?
- What is the 90-Day Coaching Plan?
- Why should coaches be thinking both short and long term in their planning?
- How should Coaches be planning out the first half of their school year?
- Phases 1- Listening and Learning
- Phase 2- Focus and Frame
- Phase 3- Empower and Accelerate
- Equity, Relationship Building, Establishing a coaching culture, professional development, reflection, workflows, professional learning networks, communication
- Templates Templates Templates
About our Guests
Stephanie Howell- Instructional Technology Coach
Stephanie is the CEO of Gold EDU, Control the Chaos EDU, and is also the EdTech Lead for the Pickerington Local Schools District. Stephanie has spoken at conferences around the world. Her most recent achievements are being a part of the team named ISTE’s Distinguished District, WOSU Leadership Award, a Google Innovator, and PLSD’s Innovative Leader award. Stephanie is one of the founding members of Global GEG and Gold EDU. Stephanie has a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership. Stephanie is a co-host on two podcasts Get Inspired and Innovative and Control the Chaos EDU.
Links of Interest
- Twitter: @mrshowell24
Instructional Technology Coordinator Arlington Public Schools Virginia.
Katie Fielding is always excited to talk about ways to integrate technology into the classroom. Katie transitioned to the role of Instructional Technology Coordinator after 13 years in the high school science classroom. In that position, she quickly found her niche in sharing instructional practices with her colleagues, and she was selected VSTE coach of the year in 2019. Katie takes joy in building capacity in others so they can fully participate in the digital world.
Additionally, she is an ISTE Certified Education, Canvas Certified Educator, Google Certified Innovator, Trainer, and Coach; and Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert.
Links of Interest
Nicole has over 25 years of experience as a classroom teacher and instructional technology coach. Currently, she serves as a Director of Instructional Technology Coaching for the Learning Technology Center of Illinois. A National Board Certified Teacher and Google Certified Trainer and Coach, Nicole teaches graduate-level instructional technology courses for three universities. She is passionate about the intersection of technology and education.
Links of Interest
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NMZumpano
Join the TeacherCast Instructional Coaches Network!
- Are you a Tech Coach or looking to become one this year?
- Are you searching for support in your position?
The TeacherCast Tech Coaches Network, is a dynamic Professional Learning Network designed specifically for Tech Coaches and designed to provide weekly support for all Instructional Coaches.
- 3 Distinct Professional Learning Networks designed to help you grow for network other Coaches and Digital Learning Leaders
- Free Downloadable Templates and Coaching Resources that can be used in your district … tomorrow!
- Direct access to Jeff Bradbury and all off his “offline” content that he creates during the school year.
- Exclusive TeacherCast and “Ask the Tech Coach” podcast episodes directly relating to the questions that YOU ASK in our PLN groups.
- Weekly email check-ins to stay connected and discuss your Instructional Coaching program!
- Monthly invitations to TeacherCast Instructional Coaching Meetings and Webinars
- … and more!
Contact the Podcast!
Subscribe to “Ask the Tech Coach”
Follow our Podcast on Social Media
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
The Teach Better Podcast Network
The Teach Better Podcast Network is dedicated to supporting the entire school ecosystem through in-depth conversations around topics you care about. Covering a variety of areas in education, each podcast aims to support educators in the field toward creating and maintaining a progressive, student-focused classroom. Check out the recent episodes, subscribe, and learn more about the variety of shows!
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out Additional TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The Jeff Bradbury Show (http://www.BuildYourEDUBrand.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!