In this episode of “Ask the Tech Coach,” Jeff and Susan discuss several ways that Tech Coaches can build their Tech Coach Brands.
In this episode, we discuss:
Reflections from Last Week:
Tech Coach Mastermind
- Join the Tech Coach Mastermind and learn how to help your school district today!
- 2 Mastermind group meetings each month
- Lifetime access to our Tech Coach Online Community
- Free Lesson Plans
- Free Templates
- Much Much More
Do You Have a Question For Us?
How are you building your tech coach brand?
- How do I, as a coach, want to be known?
- What do I want to be known for or known as?
- Am I the Google lady? Am I the Microsoft Guru? Am I the BreakoutEDU lady, etc., etc.?
- What do your teachers or administrators say about you when you enter the room or get introduced at a staff meeting?
- Have a niche, know your staff (avatars as Jeff refers to) and what they need and what you can offer them.
- Make it about your “client” – the teachers you work with – find something that will make what they already are doing easier or more efficient.
- Don’t be afraid to make connections with vendors for products that you use and promote as a tech coach to your teachers.
- Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there, it’s not bragging – It is letting people know how you can help and where they can go to find help.
Ways to build the brand?
Tech Coach Website – What is on it?
- Be intentional about having your teacher visit your site. Make it hub that you direct them to with personal follow later
- Susan’s Example
- Video Tutorials/YouTube Channel
- Personal video vs. self-made general tutorial
- Susan’s YouTube Channel Example
- Social Media
- Use of private group to encourage all teachers in your building/district to share good things going on
- Newsletter, “Potty PD” or variation
Follow our Podcast
- The TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting Network | @TeacherCast
- Ask the Tech Coach Podcast | @AsktheTechCoach
Follow our Hosts
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on iTunes today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- The TechEducator Podcast (http://www.techeducatorpodcast.com)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!