Are you looking to build and grow an email list to support your website, podcast, or consulting? If so you might have heard words such as Email Newsletters and Email Marketing and wondered what the differences are. Am I right?
In this episode of the Jeff Bradbury Show, we will take a look at the concepts of Email Marketing and Newsletters and showcase why you might want to create a dynamic strategy that involves not only weekly updates to your subscribers but a sequential series of premade emails that have a singular focus.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
Reflections From Our Previous Episode
- Episode 5: What does your Social Media Profile Say About You?
- Episode 6: How To Build Your EDU Brand Through LinkedIn
Join the new Facebook Group for Educational Content Creators!
Are you looking to join a community of educators who are searching for the right answers to help them Build Their EDU Brands? Join our brand new Facebook Community today!
How To Create A Winning Email Marketing Campaign
Philosophy Behind Email Marketing
- One goal … to get your reader to do something (make a purchase)
- Speak with a personal voice
- Speak to one person not “hey guys”
- Have a reason for sending emails to your users
- Provide value in your emails
- Build your relationships
How often should emails be sent?
- Daily / Weekly / Every Other Week
- Email Marketing
- When someone requests the information
The Three “‘P’s” Of Email Marketing
- Address emails (and their subject lines) to an individual
- Only give your users what they want to receive
- Know your user and know what they want … then help them find the answers
- Use Email Marketing to form relationships and partnerships that will ultimately draw subscribers into paying customers.
Apps That Help Build Your Email Newsletters
TeacherCast Tips For Building Up Your Email List
- Create eye catching forms on your website
- Have a free give away (opt-in)
- Don’t be spammy with your audience or they will unsubscribe
- Be personal … not corporate
- Provide value to your users
- Differentiate your opt-ins
- Segment, Segment, Segment
- Automate, Automate, Automate
- Don’t get discouraged
- Stop looking your numbers!
Join Our Facebook Community!
Are you an educational content creator looking to learn more about how to build your platform and grow your audience? Join our new Facebook Community to learn and share with other like-minded educators all searching for the best ways to Build THEIR EDU Brands.
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- The Difference Between Email Marketing and Email Newsletters
- The Email Newsletter – What is the Difference Between Newsletters and Email Marketing
- The Difference Between Email Marketing and a Newsletter
- What's the Difference Between Email Marketing and a Newsletter?
- E-Mail vs. E-Newsletters: Is There a Difference?
- 19 Examples of Brilliant Email Marketing Campaigns
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)
Need a Presenter?
- Jeff Bradbury (@TeacherCast) is available as a Keynote Speaker, Presenter, or to Broadcast your conference LIVE!