Social Media … It's a wide-open space filled with many different companies, each having their own languages, philosophies, and rules of engagement.
- How do you stand out?
- Which platform should you choose?
- How do you Build Your EDU Brand on these platforms?
In this episode of the Jeff Bradbury Show, we take a look at one of the most important parts of your EDU Branding … your Social Media Profiles. Learn through our podcast how to optimize your profiles to find and nurture an audience that is not only receptive to your voice but welcoming of a brand that they will see as an authority in the space.
If you are a new listener to TeacherCast, we would love to hear from you. Please visit our Contact Page and let us know how we can help you today!
The TeacherCast 90-Day Email Marketing Challenge
At this moment, I'm guessing you might fit into one of these categories:
- You have a great idea that you would like to get noticed by the educational community
- You are looking to build a distinguishable brand for yourself to get noticed by edtech companies, professional learning conferences, or perhaps … employers.
- You are looking to take your current website, blog, podcast, book, and/or social media strategy to the next level
In this challenge, you are going to learn:
- How to find and target your Avatar to grow your email list.
- The importance of having a great looking website and how to build the one that attracts eyes on your brand and grows your email list.
- How to grow a successful Social Media strategy that gets you noticed and grows your email list.
- How to create a branded professional slide deck for your next conference that grows your email list.
- How to fight the war on the inbox and what it means for your unopened emails.
- How to improve your email open rates so that the work you put into your emails gets noticed clicked on.
- and much more …
Reflections From Our Previous Episode
Episode 4: January Audience Q&A
How To Build A Professional Social Media Profile
Philosophy Behind Your Social Media Profile
- Update Once vs Update All The Time
- Become a Problem Solver NOT a Thought Leader
- Usernames and URL’s
- Your real name
- Your brand name
- What does your social media profile biography look like?
The Three “‘P’s” Of Social Media
- What have you done and what are you doing?
- What do you hope to be doing?
- Are you branding your Social Media Profiles?
- Same Colors
- Same Language
- Same Photos
- Are you sticking to your message or are you going off-topic?
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- How are you trying to solve it?
- What ways are you helping others solve that problem?
- How can they find that help?
- How can they contact you they have questions?
- What services or software do you recommend or are using?
- Who else on Social Media do you collaborate with?
Apps That Help Build Your Social Media Profiles
TeacherCast Tips For Building a Professional Social Media Profile
- Have a Professional Profile Photo
- Works well both as a square and circle
- Easy to be understood close and far away
- Be Social!
- Use Catchy Images
- Know your recommended shapes and sizes
- Identify your target audience and follow those in your target audience
- Create a voice … Know your voice … Speak your voice
- Be Human
- Seek real relationships
- Have a team of applications to help you
Follow our Podcast and Subscribe
Follow our Host
Explore these Resources
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Social Media Profiles
- 15 Tips To Building A Better Social Media Presence
- Creating Social Media Profiles
- 4 Easy Ways To Improve Your Social Media Profile
- 26 Apps To Help You With Your Social Media
- 10 Elements of a Successful Social Media Profile
Join our PLN
Are you enjoying the TeacherCast Network, please share your thoughts with the world by commenting on Apple Podcasts today? I enjoy reading and sharing your comments on the podcast each week.
Let’s Work Together
- Host: Jeff Bradbury @TeacherCast | @JeffBradbury
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice Mail: http://www.TeacherCast.net/voicemail
- YouTube: http://www.TeacherCast.net/YouTube
- iTunes: http://www.TeacherCast.net/iTunes
Check Out More TeacherCast Programming
- TeacherCast Podcast (http://www.teachercast.net/tcp)
- Educational Podcasting Today (http://www.educationalpodcasting.today)
- Ask The Tech Coach (http://www.AskTheTechCoach.com)
- EdTech in the Classroom (http://www.edtechintheclassroom.com)